As a subsidiary of Toyota Industries (TICO), Vanderlande North America (Airports division) is enjoying rapid growth to meet extraordinary market demand. Vanderlande is a global market leader in material handling system: manufacture, design, installation, and service. Vanderlande systems employ the latest in automation, robotics, mechanical, and software technology. Vanderlande’s customers are some of the leading airlines and airports in the world. Vanderlande employees are inclusive and welcome all backgrounds, genders, races, sexual orientations, and religions. In addition to medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage, our benefits package includes: competitive pay and a 401k plan, generous vacation/sick and Flexible Spending Account/Health Savings Account.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sales Consultant/Manager, with a focus on service solutions (Site O&M, Retrofit & Modernization, Life Cycle Planning), to join our team located in Marietta, GA. You will serve as the technical consultant and contact for the sales team in pre-sales and early project design and verifications of project scope, cost application and customer solution design. You will also take part in post-sale activities working with the service operations team. As a technical resource, you will also lead and manage a team of sales engineers. In this role, you will act as a coach to provide overall tactical guidance, setting team goals, review performance, create training plans and strategy to maximize efficiency of the team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Exhibit total ownership of all phases of the quotation process by leading, managing and controlling the quotation process and planning efforts during the bid phase.
- Review/evaluate RFP’s and other informal quote requests referencing established company guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Engage and support the Sales group by attending site walkthroughs, developing proposal materials and preparing on-site presentations.
- Define accurate solutions and budgets (projects/services) utilizing departmental data analysis tooling, information and expertise, while addressing organization’s guidelines and strategy for profitability and risk mitigation.
- Demonstrate ability to analyze and identify trends in maintenance data, i.e. Maximo database. Understanding of industry standards.
- Responsible for executing continuous performance optimizations related to our (automated) logistics solutions in use by our customers as well as of the O&M services provided by the service team.
- Work with colleagues and customers to analyze data and logistics processes and the automation solution to make improvement proposals for the total logistics process in both systems and operational terms.
- Quantify benefits of proposed improvements by utilizing data analytics (industry standard metrics such as payback period, ROI, etc.).
- Generate and present comprehensive reports to external and internal customers on status of system and operations and come up with usable insights.
- Act at an operational and tactical level by presenting the benefits of system and operational improvements through business cases, reports, workshops, etc. in a convincing and constructive way to internal and external customers.
- Drive implementation of (system and operational) improvements and solutions for our customers and provide proof of positive impact of these.
- Develop tools and methods to measure employee performance.
- Develop and provide process documentation and operating instructions to team members.
- Interface with global development and production teams
- Recruit, hire, and retain the best talent.
- Coach and develop team: provide performance management, development planning, salary planning, and technical training.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Engineering
- Minimum 5 years relevant working experience as a team lead / consultant
- Minimum 3 years relevant working experience in a logistical/technical/operations/manufacturing or process driven environment
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel, Visio, Word and PowerPoint
- Continuous improvement work experience including Lean Six Sigma, TPM
- Willing and able to travel up to 20% domestically with some international travel
- Experience in managing remote teams
- Work experience in an airport environment, Operations and Maintenance
- Develop concepts for upgrades, retrofits and modernization of Baggage Handling Systems and related IT solutions – For OEM and non-OEM equipment
- Experience with advanced data analytics tools and BI tools like Splunk
- Project Management experience
- Engineering, testing and commissioning
- Strong team player
- Able to communicate (written and verbal) both within the organization (global) and with all levels of customers
- Strong analytical abilities, together with a customer centric approach
- Takes initiative and make decisions.
- Self-motivated with an entrepreneurial mind set
- Works systematically, continuously improving processes for self and department
- Strong Experience with databases, spreadsheets and data analytics environments
- Can think creatively and in conceptual terms
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities and multiple stakeholders
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.