Sales Consultant (Vancouver based)
Do you like puzzles? Do you enjoy finding the best possible technical solution within difficult constraints? Do you like working with clients to realize their full potential?
You will join a group of enthusiastic, highly trained professionals working on complex material handling and automation design efforts. This team designs systems for our Airports and Parcel customers in North America. Next to that, we help define what our future solutions should be. Within the department, much attention is paid to personal development of our people to enable them to learn and develop valuable skills.
As a Sales Consultant, you build lasting relationships with our customers. You uncover our customers’ technical needs and wants and you provide the best possible solution within the limitations of space, budget and time. You lead the team that designs your conceptual solutions, and Simulation Engineers who validate its performance. And you provide guidance to the Sales Engineers who create the schedule and pricing for the system you designed.
We are looking for a colleague in our Vancouver office. Alternatively, Marietta Georgia is a possibility.
- Know our technology and solutions inside out and use this knowledge to design the best solution for our customer
- Build relationships with key customer decision makers at tactical level, in collaboration with Business Development Management.
- Understand the impact of design choices on our customers’ operation, on the project price and the space required
- Work with our Business Development Manager to define a win strategy
- Work with our controls team to ensure the system can function as envisioned
- Work with our Simulation Engineers to validate that the system will meet performance requirements
- Work with designers to model the system in 3D (basic knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit required)
- Share knowledge with various teams in the North American organization.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience working with the applications of material handling, automation, or robotics equipment
- Understanding of cost calculations
- Knowledge of control systems and IT integration
- Strong personal networking and relationship management skills
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects in different stages
- Highly influential and convincing, both internally and towards customers
- Experience working in a dynamic team-based sales environment.
- Ability to travel up to 40%.
- International travel is required.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong presentation skills – ability to control the room. Demonstrate the capability to change the opinions of others via the combination of your knowledge and persuasiveness
- Good command of the English language, both spoken and written
- Proactive attitude
- Focus on creating collaborative relationships with customers, both internal and external