Senior Software Engineer/ Test Automation Engineer (C# / .NET)
Development Center Software (DCS) develops, delivers and maintains High Level Control (HLC) software. This software implements business logic in material handling systems and forms the part of our systems that interact with the users. It assists the customer in doing operational and strategic planning, dashboarding and analysis. It also provides workstation and operator access on the work floor. DCS provides HLC software for all industry units within Vanderlande and this software is used within hundreds of sites worldwide.
As a software engineer for the Automated Test Framework you will be part of the team developing and tailoring the framework to the needs of the teams that are using it. Therefor, you are a software developer with affinity for-, and experience with (automated) testing.
You take the lead in designing, programming and testing the software based on a design concept and a set of requirements. In some cases, you will have to personally formulate these requirements together with the (end) users and/or internal stakeholders.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Participate in software and system design for the Automated Test Framework
- Create detailed application designs and implement these in code
- Support testing and integration of SW Components
- Create SW Documentation and UML diagrams
- Analyse, troubleshoot and fix internally and externally encountered problems and wanted changes
- Take part in an Agile (Kanban) team including planning and reporting
- Provide support within the team and to outside stakeholders
- Ensure continuous improvement through knowledge sharing within the team as well as outside the team, and applying lessons-learnt.
- Be an ambassador and roll-out the framework within the teams
- Higher Professional Education (HBO) qualification or University degree (WO)
- Two years of experience with C# /.NET/.NET Core, Visual Studio, MSBuild, NuGet and NUnit is required
- ISTQB Foundation certification is an advantage
- Knowledge of XML/XSD, TCP/IP DevOps, Continuous Integration/ Continuous Delivery is an advantage
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, Helm is an advantage
- Knowledge of Gherkin and SpecFlow is an advantage
- Knowledge of UI automation frameworks (Selenium, Cypress) is an advantage
- Experience with Requirements Management, Change Management, Version Control and Test management tools, especially Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo and Artifactory.
- Enthusiastic result-driven professional
- Proactive, pragmatic and hands on attitude
- Committed team player
- Agile mindset, experience with working in a scrum team is an advantage
- Strong communication skills with good command of the English language
Applying new technologies is a challenge for you in this position. You enjoy working as part of a team, are aware of your responsibilities and results-driven. Your analytical skills and resourcefulness serve as a basis for your career prospects within software development. An affinity for logistical system controls is an advantage.
In the challenging and responsible position of Senior Software Engineer/ Test Automation Engineer (C# / .NET), you will get the opportunity to contribute to the growth and profitability of Vanderlande. An organization which has been selected as ‘Top Employer’ and ‘Best Employer’ for several years in a row.
We offer a fulltime position in an informal working environment with many opportunities for professional development.
Besides your primary salary, you will receive the following secondary conditions:
- 27 days of vacation & 13 ADV days
- Flexible working hours
- Commuting allowance
- Pension scheme and group discount on insurances as healthcare, car and WGA
Vanderlande is the global leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports and in the parcel market, as well as a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses. In this world of technology, we believe in people – especially those who are totally dedicated, customer-driven and keen to continue learning throughout their career. This is embraced by our Vanderlande Academy and International Talent Development programs, with over 800 courses conducted every year. The focus is on freedom while being trusted to deliver, and this is one of the reasons why we received the highest rating of three stars in the Best Employer survey (The Netherlands).
If you are ambitious and take your long-term career seriously, then please contact us to explore this global opportunity to join a company at the top of its game.
If you want to take on this demanding challenge, apply now by filling in the application form and upload your resume and motivation letter. For more information contact Annelieke van der Poel, Recruiter +31413494599.