Senior Splunk Engineer at Operational Awareness team within Digital Service Factory (DSF)
Vanderlande provides baggage handling systems for 600 airports around the globe, capable of moving over 4 billion pieces of baggage around the world per year. For the parcel market our systems handle 52 million parcels per day. All these systems generate data. Do you see a challenge in building data-driven services for our customers using that data? Do you want to contribute to the fast-growing Vanderlande Technology Department on its journey to become more data driven? If so, then join our Digital Service Factory team!
As a Splunk engineer you will collaborate with subject matter experts (SMEs) to understand business requirements on KPIs definition and visualization. You will be responsible for developing and deploying dashboards based on these requirements. Besides developing dashboards in Splunk frontend, you will know how to create data models to ensure the high performance of Splunk apps. You will work closely with data engineers in the product team to optimize how data shall be stored and indexed on VI Splunk Platform to ensure the Splunk apps with high performance. You will proactively share your best practice with the rest of the team on how to build Splunk apps and play a key role in the monitoring of the Splunk platform
- You will work together with SMEs to understand KPI definition and implement KPIs in Splunk.
- You will work closely with UX designer to create front-end layout and KPI’s visualization in Splunk.
- You will collect feedback from customers and stakeholders and always search for opportunities to improve the existing standardized product.
- You will identify opportunities and implement solutions to improve the performance of search queries, such as by creating data models, together with data engineers.
- You will define and create unit test cases for testing pipeline of Splunk app.
- You will monitor the Splunk pipelines as well as the infrastructure of the Splunk solutions and product we deliver.
- You have experience or have ambition to learn how to design and build a CI/CD pipeline, including (integration) test automation for Splunk app. In this process you strive for an ever-increasing degree of automation.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, IT or equivalent with relevant work experience is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years' experience working with Splunk preferably in a clustered Splunk environment.
- In-depth knowledge of Splunk Infrastructure and architecture.
- Hands on experience in building dashboards in Splunk.
- Hands-on experience in Python.
- Hands on experience on CI/CD, Data/Code testing (e.g., Bamboo, Artifactory, Git).
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of Microservice knowledge such as Kubernetes is preferred.
What we offer
In the challenging and responsible position of Senior Splunk Engineer, you will have the chance to make a significant contribution to industry-leading projects and be connected to our dedicated people and customers. We offer a position in an informal, international and professional working environment with a lot of opportunities for personal development. By joining our profitable and growing company you will be able to reach your goals and focus on your future.
On top of your fixed salary, you will receive the following secondary benefits:
40 vacation days (20 statutory days and a flexible budget worth 20 days).
Flexible working hours.
A hybrid workplace (40% working from home and 60% in the office).
Commuting allowance, including full reimbursement of travel by public transport.
Working from home allowance.
Collective pension scheme and discount on health insurance.
On-site company health centers with a gym, physiotherapists and occupational therapists.
Vanderlande Academy and training facilities to boost your skills.
A variety in Vanderlande Network communities and initiatives.
And a great company restaurant and coffee bar with barista.
Diversity & Inclusion
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If the challenging profile of Senior Splunk Engineer appeals to you, apply now by filling in the application form and uploading you CV and cover letter. For more information about this vacancy, please contact Dèveny Stultjens, Recruiter, via +31 413 755 273.