Software Integration Engineer
As a software integration engineer you are member of the product integration team and responsible for intake, deploying, integrating and testing of the High Level Control (HLC) software within the Airports Platform development program. This software implements business logic in baggage handling systems and forms the part of our systems that interact with the users. The software includes controls for logistical transport, communication with external computer systems, reporting, data analysis and simulation. Basically, a software integration engineer is an all-rounder, who takes the lead in getting new HLC software deliveries (including all new features) working in the platform integration & test environment. To achieve this goal, you have to be proactive, be equipped with good people skills and be process minded.
Your qualifications and skills
If you’re an enthusiastic, result-driven and versatile software integration engineer with a hands-on attitude, you will excel at:
- Actively participating in the definition of the platform integration approach
- Equipping test environments (prepare, build-, and configure the test environment)
- Creating (project-like) test configurations for the components
- Deploying and verification of components in a platform test & integration environment
- Setting up and maintaining an automated Continuous Integration chain by automation of deployment and test routines
- Analyzing, troubleshooting and fixing problems with a strong analytical view
- Processing integration increments in a structured way with built-in quality
- Delivering positively critical input for test plan and test design documentation
- Independently executing and analysing the system integration tests
- Independently solving work related problems within the own operational work environment
- Effectively and closely collaborating with software development teams
- Being the right-hand man/woman for the Product Integration lead
- Being a proactive and committed team player in an Agile environment
You should also have the following qualifications / have a working knowledge of:
- Bachelor or Master degree in a relevant technical field
- At least 3 years software development and/or integration testing experience with focus on quality and results in a representative technical environment
- C# (preferred) / XML&XSD / TCPIP / HTTP / Oracle(SQL) / Linux / Docker/ Kubernetes is a pré
- Experience and affinity with Requirements Management, Configuration Management, Change Management, Version Control, Test Management, CI/CD is a pré, as is experience with the corresponding tooling; DOORS, Jira, GIT, Bitbucket, Quality Center, Jenkins/Bamboo, Artifactory
- Relevant knowledge and experience about the Baggage Handling business domain is a pré
- Both oral and written English. Dutch is an advantage
You get the opportunity to contribute to the growth and profitability of Vanderlande. Our organization has been named for several years in a row a ‘Top Employer’ and ‘Best Employer’. We offer a full-time position in an informal and professional working environment with a lot of possibilities for your own personal development. Besides your primary salary, you will receive the following secondary conditions:
27 days of vacations & 13 ADV days
Flexible working hours
Training and coaching to support personal development
Collective pension scheme and insurance facilities for healthcare.
Vanderlande is the global leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports and in the parcel market, as well as a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses. In this world of technology, we believe in people – especially those who are totally dedicated, customer-driven and keen to continue learning throughout their career. This is embraced by our Vanderlande Academy and International Talent Development programs, with over 800 courses conducted every year. The focus is on freedom while being trusted to deliver, and this is one of the reasons why we received the highest rating of three stars in the Best Employer survey (The Netherlands).
If you are ambitious and take your long-term career seriously, then please contact us to explore this global opportunity to join a company at the top of its game.
If you want to take on this demanding challenge in a dynamic environment, apply now by filling in the application form and upload your resume. For more information contact Annelieke van der Poel, Recruiter on +31413494599 .