As a subsidiary of Toyota Industries (TICO), Vanderlande North America is enjoying rapid growth and extraordinary market demand. Vanderlande is a global market leader in material handling system manufacture, design, installation, and service. Vanderlande systems employ the latest in robotic, mechanical, and software technology. Vanderlande’s customers are household names in e-commerce, package delivery, and air transportation.
Senior Controls Project Engineer – PLC Programmer
• Write Controls Functional Specification / Description of Operation
• Write Detailed Design documents (i.e. Controls Architecture)
• Write, debug and test PLC and HMI code
• Write and execute test plans (FAT, SAT, load, rate, system test)
• Support of the Electrical Supervisor, and/or Electrical Controls Engineer to minimize potential problems
• Develop leadership role in all aspects of managing the control systems execution, from software design, system design, network design and commissioning.
• Execute projects from concept through client turnover with a positive result contribution on technical performance, financial results and the organization.
• Involved in engineering, execution and commissioning of Material Handling Projects and more specific in Baggage Handling Systems.
• Work closely with clients and subcontractors
• Communicate closely with other groups within VI and project team (i.e., mechanical engineering, project management, supply chain, sales/proposal department and installation)
• Work on quotation bids with the systems and sales department on new projects and/or on project changes
• Learn new skills and stay current on latest technology (technical professional)
• Initiate improvement actions
• Support of software standardization platform
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
• Minimum 3 years of experience in implementation and managing of material handling systems
• Experience designing PLC Programs.
• Must be willing and able to travel up to 40%
• Experience with computer based drafting/design; AutoCAD
• Preferred skills in understanding and designing PLC programs (Allen Bradley required, Siemens is also valuable), SCADA systems (RSView, Indusoft, Vijeo Citect) and networks (i.e. Ethernet, Control Net, Device Net)
• Have a Drive to Win – Aim to be the best
• Enjoy taking ownership – Take personal responsibility for the tasks that you do
• Have a passion to continuously learn, develop and innovate
• Strong team mentality and acceptance of responsibility for project completion
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written skills
• Self-motivated with proven ability in problem solving skills under stressful conditions
• Enjoy working and have the ability to work well with team members
• Quality driven mentality
• Knowledgeable of electrical and controls engineering theories and principles
• Electrical aptitude and knowledge of acceptable practices, techniques, and codes
• Skilled in understanding and designing Engineering science: Logic and Programming