Team Lead Software Engineering
The Team Lead Software Engineering role will be part of the Airports and Parcels (APS) Engineering and IT team based in Marietta GA. You will be responsible for leading an Agile team of Software Engineers that develop cloud-based microservice applications. This role will maintain the team is properly trained, ensure the team follows the established processes, and drives the team to meet on-time milestone deliverables. You will also be hands-on and contributing to the completion of the backlog.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Lead an Agile team of Software Engineers.
- Ensure the team adheres to the Definition of Done.
- Ensure the team consistently meets sprint objectives.
- Create and maintain training plans.
- Communicate progress to stakeholders.
- Create performance evaluations for team members.
- Work closely with Software Architects, Product Owners, and Scrum Masters.
- Contribute to the backlog of work as needed.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of experience leading teams.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in C# or Java development
- Strong understanding of Agile.
- Strong understanding of CI/CD.
- Good understanding of Azure, Docker, and Kubernetes environments.
- Good understanding of SQL Databases
- Basic understanding of NoSql Databases
Any of the following additional experience is a plus:
- Experience in Java Spring Framework, Reactive Pattern, WebFlux, Kafka
- Experience in GitLab, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Jira, Confluence
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Able to communicate both within the organization (global) and customers at all levels.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills (work well within a team).
- Must be proactive, focus on improvements and capable of taking the lead on own initiative.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced operational environment with competing priorities and multiple stakeholders.
- Strong analytical abilities, and able to put forward recommendations.
- Good planning/scheduling/attention to detail and ability to work to a high standard for skills.
- Able to manage resources and teams.
- Ability to develop good working relationships
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, out of hours work will on occasion be necessary.
This position provides advanced support for 24/7 operations and on-call coverage as part of a rotation may be required, alongside travel to customer sites.
This position will require some travel for training, and travel to sites for projects (up to 30%).
This position will have direct reports.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. #LI-JJ1