Technical Vendor Manager
Do you want to contribute on a strategic level to the Co-Creation strategy of Vanderlande R&D? Are you a teamplayer with both technical and management experience and able to work in a multidisciplinary and international eco-system to achieve best results for our product development teams in terms of added value, quality and competitiveness? Then we are looking for you!
Vanderlande is currently looking for a Technical Vendor Manager to strengthen the Technology department.
The Co-Development department within the Vanderlande Global Product Development organization plays a key role in setting up new collaborations with partners and external suppliers and driving the strategic eco-system approach inside our fast growing company. There is a high degree of cooperation with the Vanderlande sourcing department, with our development streams and the development centers around the globe. The department operates on both strategic and tactical level.
As Technical Vendor Manager you are responsible for driving the Co-Development strategy for the related suppliers together with your sourcing counterparts. You coordinate existing collaborations and build new ones. You monitor the (contractual) progress, seek for synergies, identify risks and opportunities and drive improvements. Where the Sourcing Manager takes the lead in the overall supplier management and commercials, you represent the development organization in discussions with suppliers and manage the supplier from a technical standpoint to secure Vanderlande’s position in (co-) development activities and ensure healthy and constructive relationships with our supplier base.
Your areas of responsibility are:
- Management of your supplier base including contract management. You develop and implement supplier strategies and conduct market analysis, identifying potential new suppliers.
- Allocation of work to suppliers and supplier teams, based on supplier criteria like capabilities, time criticality, Core/Non-Core and cost effectiveness.
- Stakeholder management. You make sure to keep your stakeholders aligned on developments, on multiple levels of the organization. In doing so, you get acceptance on the co-development strategy.
- Continuous improvement. You improve on collaboration methods, development process to increase the value-add, by benchmarking across development programs, dashboarding and creating synergy between multiple Vanderlande entities.
- Support the sourcing manager during audit processes.
- Supplier performance management
The ideal candidate has the following profile:
- Master Degree in Engineering (technical studies)
- Experience in strategical and tactical purchasing or supplier management in an international High Tech environment
- Good contract management & negotiation skills
- Excellent communication (Dutch & English) and stakeholder management skills
- Structured and result driven
- Proven track record of successful influencing at all levels in the organization
- Flexible and proactive team player
- Willingness to travel, up to 20%
What we offer
In this responsible position of Technical Vendor Manager, you will have the chance to make a significant contribution to the growth and profitability of Vanderlande Industries. Our organisation has been named for several years in a row as ‘Top Employer’ and ‘Best Employer’. We offer a full-time position in an informal and professional working environment with a lot of scope for personal development.
As well as your fixed salary you’ll receive the following secondary benefits:
- 27 days’ vacation & 13 ADV (working hours reduction) days
- Flexible working hours
- Training facilities
- Travel expenses
- Home working facility
- Collective pension scheme and insurance facilities for healthcare.
If the position of Technical Vendor Manager appeals to you, then please apply by completing the application form, and uploading your CV and cover letter. For more information, please contact Joost van den Eijnden, Recruiter on +31 413 49 52 88.