Technology Product Manager
Value & Analytics Office – Service Manager
This role operates in a complex environment across all Terminals at Heathrow airport. It will directly impact the reputation of Baggage both internally, externally, and globally. This role will be a trusted advisor who can influence targets and improvement opportunities to our Strategic Partners and other third parties operating at LHR. It is vital that you lead, inspire and drive collaborative working relationships across all areas of the Heathrow Strategic Partnership.
You will develop, track, and govern delivery of our integrated plans across Design, Build, Operate, and Maintain, ensuring intended benefits are aligned to the functional strategic direction. You will understand business requirements clearly (cost, service, performance, capacity, IT, capital, consumer insights etc) and translate that into roadmaps (<> flight plan team) to set us up for success.
We are looking for someone who has a solid background and a passion for adopting standardised approaches to value-based activities and related solutions that drive credibility internally and with our partners. The role requires the individual to develop and deliver the Value Strategy and associated high impact activities that will leave a legacy within the business.
To be successful, you will need to thrive on large scale challenges, enjoy operating in a diverse stakeholder environment, and manage complex workstreams. You will possess a high level of attention to detail to produce output to a high standard. You will also inform best practices, formulate ideas, and implement them. You have proven leadership skills and the ability to drive creativity and innovation across teams.
You will be able to maintain a broad independent perspective whilst having a good understanding of the detail and a creative approach and agility to operate within the changing needs of the business. You have excellent presentation skills and thrive on building relationships with your colleagues.
- Guardian of an ambitious strategy target operating model and business plan ensuring the co-ordination of all key strategic initiatives and workstreams.
- Business planning (create value for future): Vision; Ambition; Objectives; Policies; Procedures and Budgets, gatekeeper towards innovation.
- Unlock and validate the correlation between spend and people, organisation, processes, systems, and data (is it worth it).
- SME on the value programme & benefits realisation through DBOM(D)+IT
- Developing a clear understanding of the strategical goals of the service department and translating those goals into a technology & service development roadmap – with yearly targets and clear project milestones – technical experience and an all-round understanding of different technical disciplines – e.g. Mechanical, Electrical, IT – is required.
- Engaging with stakeholders within the strategic partnership – Heathrow airport, DHL and airlines – to align the different roadmaps and unlock synergies.
- Engaging with local departments (e.g. operations , maintenance analytics, project execution and IT), maintaining a clear view of their needs and adapting the roadmap where necessary.
- Engaging with HQ departments (e.g. R&D, systems, product groups) to leverage/influence the development of new products and services to achieve the strategical service goals.
- Responsible for the roll-out of the roadmap solutions in cooperation with global (R&D, systems, product groups) and local (operations , maintenance analytics, project execution and IT) departments. Understanding the interdependencies of different developments and setting the right priorities.
- Responsible for development and roll-out of minor custom solutions (mostly data and process related)
Build Reputation with Customers
Identify internal & external interdependencies, document a matrixed organisation so it’s clear on accountabilities / responsibilities
Strategic relationship management – Governance, Relationship Management, and Stakeholder Management & Communications
Drive to Win
Establish Value/PMO and the associated governance framework, processes, and procedures; ensure that all relevant documentation and implementation plans are easy to understand and leave no room for misunderstanding or ambiguity.
Continually review processes to improve clarity and effectiveness to reduce ambiguity, stress, inefficiency, and ineffectiveness to maintain upward trajectory.
Keep the ‘drumbeat’ during BAU as well as specific change events to keep people engaged, energised and continue to reinforce key messages.
Ensuring all audiences impacted by change are engaged.
Work with internal Vanderlande to represent SP in terms of Communication & Engagement Plan
Manage how time and resources are invested into making desirable changes.
Create, promote, and embed a culture of sustainable change and continuous improvement to include the implementation life cycle and value.
Safe Base & We Care
Ensure all company legislative Health & Safety regulations and policies are maintained. Work in a safe considerate manner and always leave all work areas clean and tidy.
Behaviours / collaboration charter; define and then act as custodian to keep on plan (TOM).
Skill & Experience:
- Demonstrative experience in a role where value creation is central to its success.
- Extensive knowledge of tools and methods that support sustainable change, methodologies, and approaches.
- Experience leading multiple change management projects.
- Develop, track and govern delivery of integrated plans across business functions, ensuring intended benefits are aligned with the overarching strategy.
- Apply logic and judgment to set out logical reasoning clearly, adapting language, form, and message to meet the needs of different people/audiences.
- Creative problem-solving and interpreting information in a complex customer-focused environment.
- Successfully manage the introduction of new techniques or ways of working.
- Outcome focused and a strong team player who can deal with several issues concurrently.
- Build and maintain meaningful relationships across Strategic Partnership—lead challenging discussions around the need for change and accountability. Able to identify key stakeholders and take appropriate steps to understand their needs and concerns.
- Able to review
- performance against expected standards, providing objective and effective feedback and ensuring corrective actions are taken where necessary.
- Coach and or mentor less experienced colleagues.
- Able to plan, allocate work appropriately within the team and identify and mitigate risks to delivery.