Vanderlande is the global market leader in automation solutions within the airports, parcels and warehousing sectors providing a turnkey solution also providing lifecycle services. Working with the UK office the Apprenticeships Manager will be supporting the UK business units in the implementation and executions of a successful early careers strategy predominantly around apprenticeship related activities.
The Apprentice Manager is responsible for:
- The main purpose of your role is to recruit and support Apprentices throughout their programme in Vanderlande in relation to their qualification.
- To successfully develop, coordinate and manage Vanderlandes apprenticeship programme.
- Day to day management of the apprentices including accurate reporting of progress, holiday management and sickness management/reporting.
- Devising placement plans both internally and with partnering companies, maintaining contact with business units and apprentices, working with colleagues to check how the learner is progressing onsite and or within college
- Apprentice recruitment – including the design of assessment centres, competency interviews, selection and onboarding
- Work with the Early Careers and Training team to identify and ensure the approach to apprenticeships and trainee programmes best meets the skills and talent needs of the organisation and ensures best value return from the apprenticeship levy contribution.
- Provide advice for colleagues progression opportunities within the Apprenticeship levy.
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop and implement the apprenticeship pathway programmes, and implement different methods that build capacity in talent management to retain the right staff.
- Engage with the business to identify appropriate training programmes as business needs evolve
Build Reputation with Customers
Create effective and good working relationships with all departments to ensure that customer expectations are exceeded
Drive to Win
Ensure all requests are dealt with efficiently, ensuring employees have everything required in order to carry out their daily duties
Working as part of a team to ensure a smooth running of the department and business
Every day better
Responsible for the continuous improvement of policies and procedures as well as learning continuously and developing professional potential and ability
Safe Base & We Care
Support a safe working environment within business development through championing and encouragement of a safety-first culture
· The Successful candidate should have experience in the following
You’ll need significant engineering experience and an engineering qualification preferably within Mechanical or Electrical engineering (time-served will be considered if no qualification).
Would also like you to hold experience in the following:
- Assessor qualification – not imperative, but highly desirable. If not, we will ensure you obtain an Assessor qualification – fully funded – estimated 9 month course.
- English and Maths ability – GCSE, CSE, O-Level, A-C. We will need to see evidence.
- Good working knowledge of IT – Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Excellent time management and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Demonstrable understanding of further education pathways and associated funding streams
- Experience of apprenticeship standards
- Understanding of the UK Standard for Professional Engineering Competence (UK-SPEC)
What else do I need to know?
- The successful candidate will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving ‘Security Check’ (SC) clearance.
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.