As a Cost Engineer you will support the pricing consulting and maintenance of our pricing system using the Computer Aided Pricing (CAP) database which keeps region specific records. You will be responsible for reviewing cost levels of existing CAP records and propose cost for new records if necessary. You will be making Should Cost analyses and create and maintain cost models for our main suppliers.
Your tasks and responsibilities
You will work as a Cost Engineer, which offers you different tasks in the field of Support to the SC&V (Strategic Costing & Validation), Sourcing and Supply Chain Coordination departments. Your main focus will be on:
- Cost Maintenance
- Making detailed cost price calculations/estimations concerning Electromechanical (EM) equipment;
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge on upcoming EM product changes and assess impact on costs;
- Defining and maintaining cost drivers for newly developed EM products;
- Calculating and substantiating updates of unit prices based on EM cost drivers;
- Monitoring budgeted vs. actual EM costs – taking corrective actions if required;
- Cost Savings
- Actively participate in multidisciplinary cost down projects concerning Controls Architecture and EM design revisions;
- Using cost and value engineering techniques to create additional value and/or reduce cost;
- Performing Should Cost analyses and creating and maintaining cost models;
- Analyzing equipment or category costs across customer projects;
- Reporting cost trends for OEM materials, EM equipment, categories or reference projects;
- Cost Avoidance
- Actively participate in New Product Introduction projects by providing and monitoring target cost price data;
- Contribute to tooling and process improvements.
Cost Engineering is a department within the Global Supply Chain (GSC) organization and is a strategic part of the world-wide deliveries of products and services to our projects. There is a high degree of cooperation with R&D, Engineering, Sales and the other departments, such as Global Sourcing and Planning, located in Europe, APAC and North America. Vanderlande Industries is a top global System Integrator for mechanical logistics automation. GSC enables Vanderlande’s profitable growth by taking ownership of a global, flexible and competitive supply base for its Vanderlande Equipment but also 3rd party equipment and services.
For this position, we ask you to have:
- At least a Bachelor degree in a technical field of study, (Electrotechnical is preferred);
- Relevant knowledge of/or experience in Cost Engineering and preferably Value Engineering;
- Minimum 4 years Experience with Manufacturing and Supply Chain processes;
- Experience in supplier and product development;
- Material handling industry experience is a plus;
- Strong ability to build constructive cross-functional relationships;
- Advanced Excel skills;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written;
- Fluency in English, as well as a strong cultural awareness.