High Level Control Specialist
Istanbul Airport – Istanbul, Turkey
Are you looking to develop your career in continuous operations of the automation and information technologies in Baggage Handling System (BHS) at Istanbul Airport, and satisfy your ambitions at a company where you can aspire to new heights, enjoy personal growth, and thrive on achievement?
At Vanderlande, we are seeking passionate and ambitious people, capable of making a positive impact on the quality of our service delivery to our customer by ensuring a high-performance baggage flow operation for the entire airport, while developing a prosperous career in a fast-paced international environment.
- Monitoring, analyzing and reporting the performance of the all related applications and the databases running 7/24 at Istanbul Airport baggage handling system as per customer SLA
- Monitoring the daily shift reports and the open tickets, analyzing any problems in the baggage handling system related applications and communicating with the stakeholders
- Managing the preventive and corrective maintenance of system applications and middleware involving Oracle Databases, WebLogic, Oracle Enterprise Management, and Java-based communication interfaces
- Interpretation of system log files for fault finding on both middleware (Oracle) and application logs
- Preparing root cause analysis, liaising with all related internal and external stakeholders
- Playing a role in correcting the vulnerabilities in the penetration tests, and following up, solving, reporting the ongoing problems
- Developing and maintaining customer specific validation test processes such as UAT & CAT
- Planning and delivering / monitoring the preventive maintenance tasks & assigned change tasks (back-ups, patch execution, etc.)
- Executing the lifecycle of open tickets locally or through global service desk
- Working on priority 1 and 2 incidents and problems escalated by the shift engineer, resolving them within SLA
- Analyzing and filtering events which are potential incidents
- Initiate and execute continuous improvement and action plans
- Leading & supporting the shift engineers during their daily tasks as technical leader, and also for their professional development through their career path
- Creating documentation such as manuals, programming diagrams, network diagrams, and work instructions
- Performance analysis on the tickets as part of the ticket reviews
- Creating new or updating the existing processes according the change management process to increase the efficiency
- Studying developments on product lines, working with the latest and current application updates for the BHS system
Your qualifications and skills
As an enthusiastic high-level control engineer you have the following skills:
- Initiator and follower on engineering solutions
- Strong customer focus, reliable partner to the Functional Manager for the smooth delivery of the service
- Ability to lead a team & support their professional development
- A clear communicator, able to communicate at all levels, able to provide clear and concise information to stakeholders and management
- Team player and adaptable personality, willing to broaden skills outside core skillset and develops / mentors other team members
- Strong sense of urgency and problem solving skills
- Proactive (focus on service improvements)
- Eager to learn. Have the ability to dig into problems in its own areas, at the same time to maintain the overview on the system, software, and system behavior
- Have very good analytical skills and able to think “out-of-the-box”
- Ability to work under pressure on mission-critical systems
- Good attention to detail and ability to work to a high standard
- Good scheduler and performer in highly planned task regime
You should also have:
- You have a bachelor’s or master degree in computer engineering or similar
- You have a good understanding on Windows & Linux operating systems, Oracle & MS databases, and middle ware technologies
- You understand SQL & PLSQL languages, as well as the business intelligence tools such as Splunk, Power BI
- Excellent – and proven – experience (5+ years) in solving incidents and analyzing root causes to improve the performance of the system
- You have skills in ICT technologies such as Server, Storage, Network
- Experience in aviation systems is preferable
- ITIL Foundation knowledge is preferrable
- Certification on one or more of the above items is preferable
- You are able to create customer documentation such as user manuals, programming diagrams, network diagrams
- You have excellent communication skills, writing and speaking, in the Turkish and the English language
- You live in Istanbul or willing to move there, within commuting distance of the new airport
Vanderlande is the global market leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports – from London Heathrow to Singapore Changi – and in the parcel market, for main players such as UPS and FedEx. Furthermore, we are also a leading supplier of solutions for warehousing giants, including one of the largest e-commerce leaders providing logistics, payments, hardware, data storage, and media solutions, which seamlessly integrate innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services.
If you aspire to a position of responsibility – and want to make a difference by facilitating the delivery of what matters most to consumers, passengers, and businesses – then the next step on your path to global opportunities is to join Vanderlande. As part of our network and unique culture of freedom and flexibility, you will be connected to our dedicated people, build strong relationships, and rise to the challenge of industry-leading projects.
You will grow, take ownership, and make every day better as you continue on the road to success with your spirit of adventure – and fulfil your ambitions for personal development through our Academy. Vanderlande will give you the necessary knowledge, tools and support, so that together we have the confidence and ability to exceed our customers’ expectations in over 100 countries.
To achieve our collective goals, you will have a hands-on role working in a positive environment to deliver tangible, state-of-the-art products and improve the competitiveness of our highly visible customers. As an integral part of our team, you will have the enthusiasm and be driven to reach our destination before your next journey with Vanderlande begins…
So, if you would like to join a profitable and growing company that will enable you to reach your goals and focus on your future, then you may apply now by completing the application with your CV and covering letter.
Diversity & Inclusion Disclaimer
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.