600 airports. 11,5 million baggage. More than 45 million parcels. And this on a daily basis: It is simply impressive how our material handling and warehouse automation systems perform in different locations worldwide. More than 6.500 of our employees support our customers worldwide in optimizing their logistic processes and thus improve their market position. Become a part of us and join Vanderlande – the market leader in material flow systems.
As an IT Controls Engineer (m/f/x), you will be a part of our on-site service team for complex incident and problem analysis especially for the 1st line support. You will be working with the team from our customer Lidl in Køge on one of our innovative warehouse solutions. Together with your multi-disciplinary colleagues, you are responsible for registering, tracking, documenting and most importantly solving disruptions, errors and inquiries regarding automated material handling solutions provided by Vanderlande. Your goal will be to ensure that our customers are able to fulfil orders for their stores and in turn, their own customers. Both technical and verbal (language) skills are necessary for a seamless communication between internal, external departments and individuals. All process related progress is registered in the Vanderlande provided ITSM solution. Although an understanding of technology is important, your customer service focus and ability to communicate clearly internally and externally is what will make you stand out.
• Solving incidents, analyzing root causes and support change deployments
• Problem Management: responsible for overseeing all outstanding problems of the system
• Hands-on training-on-the-job of the customer to improve their use of the system
• Improvements: supporting our internal team or the customer by creating step-by-step instructions
• Registration and processing of customer inquiries in the ITSM system
• Participation in ITIL driven service department
• Excellent – and proven – experience in solving incidents and analyzing root causes to improve the performance of the system
• Degree qualified with an undergraduate degree (for instance a bachelor’s in computer science or Engineering)
• Experience with Oracle PL / SQL, ability to understand C ++, C # or other programming languages
• Preferable knowledge of IT Service Management processes (ITIL) or having worked in a customer facing role while solving incidents (e.g. 2nd or 3rd level support roles)
• Ideally first experience in automated handling systems and/or industrial automation
• Highly analytical and a structured thinker. You are the person who thinks in steps and rules out options one by one even when you are under time pressure.
• Persistency and pro-activity: you will not stop until you have got to the bottom of a problem
• Ability to explain complicated technical topics clearly verbally and in writing (in English)and to adjust your message to your audience, organizational sensitivity
• Able to distinguish between fundamental matters and secondary ones as well as to act on own initiative, adaptable and quick to learn
• Strong customer focus with a drive for continuous improvement
And now it’s your turn:
Support a company that continuously seeks to improve their way of working and counts sustainability to one of their most important values.
We offer you various possibilities to take responsibility and to develop yourself.
Be pleased to get to know an open and motivated working environment, where a good sense of pragmatism meets a high number of cycles in terms of innovation.
For any further questions on the position, feel free to contact Jasper Pijnenburg +31 413 49 44 08