As a member of the Vanderlande software engineering team you will collaborate with clients, senior management, and other functional areas to plan, design, and implement enterprise cloud based applications and products for advanced warehouse automation environments. Part of your responsibilities would be to establish/propose software architectures, guidelines, design patterns, identify gaps/risks from proposed solutions, and recommend short/long term actions based on best practices. Implements a software infrastructure that renders reliable, scalable, and operable products and platforms that are cloud based.
As the Subject Matter Expert (SME), provide technical architecture, support, and strategic guidance to senior/lead developers, management and other functional areas to ensure new development is consistent with existing applications, assess information system needs and requirements, and recommend possible alternatives to meet information system needs. You will ensure development best practices and standards are used while continuously evaluating new techniques and technologies to improve the organizations innovation through a customer centric approach.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
Solid understanding of duties performed within entire software development life cycle, architecture and design to include:
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Platform Software Architects, and other leaders using wide-range of experience, professional concepts and company objectives to design architectures that resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways
- Responsible for evaluating emerging & established technologies to drive innovation and technical change within controls based software, systems, and platforms along with tools and processes to support robust designs.
- Convert a concept/idea to implementation by architecting, designing, and implementing the software framework needed for the product/project/application requirement.
- Develops and maintains complex cloud based microservice architectures utilizing Domain Driven Design principals that provide high quality, performance, and scalability.
- Works closely with Sr. Software Architects to establish design pattern standards along with core frameworks and libraries to ensure rapid development by scrum teams.
- Ability to quickly analyze/triage/troubleshoot functional and design issues with development teams to ensure rapid solution development of production components and configurations.
- Influences to achieve small wins within own team or product development teams that support an overall vision as set forth by leadership and understands/explains benefits of initiatives.
- Provide guidance and direction to application development and technical designers.
- Supports customer deployment of software applications into production environments as needed to ensure proper functionality and customer acceptance
- Works as a multi-skilled professional practicing Agile in both a SCRUM/Kanban methodology
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent. Master degree preferred.
- A Minimum of 5 years working experience developing and architecting in Java with at least 1 year in architecting cloud based microservice applications utilizing Domain Driven Designs
- Experienced in Core Java, J2EE, Spring Boot or Quarkus, and Spring packages and frameworks, message driven frameworks (Kafka, RabbitMQ, or ActiveMQ), docker, RESTFul API, OAuth 2.0, Open API Specification and Cloud environments (Azure, AWS, or Google).
- Extensive understanding of architectural styles and design patterns to create architectural blueprints and reference implementations for development team(s).
- Experience with construction of microservice based components utilizing Domain Driven Designs and architecture best practices and standards such as TOGAF, Zachman Framework, FEAF, MoDAF, 12-Factor App, or Gartner.
- Use tools and methodologies to create representations for functions and user interface of desired product based on business features.
- Intermediate to advanced use of ELK Stack (Elastic Search, Kibana, Beats, Logstash) and consumption of XML, JSON, XSLT document types
- Ability to provide multiple solution paths for problems or designs detailing pros, cons, and risk analysis for each path.
- Experience with DevOps and containerized deployments utilizing Kubernetes
- Working knowledge of developing/deployment of applications within cloud systems (Azure, AWS, etc.)
Any of the following additional experience is a plus:
- Controls software development within various industrial environments like baggage handling, Warehouse Control/Execution software, transportation systems and enterprise scale applications or equivalent
- Experienced in working with Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence, etc.) or other applications supporting Agile environment
- Knowledge and experience with multiple server operating systems (Windows, Unix, Linux).
- Knowledge and experience assisting with construction of CI/CD pipelines in collaboration with DevOps including integration of test automation systems utilizing Docker and Kubernetes
Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
Good interpersonal skills (work well within a team).
Ability to lead development team and organize technical activities within Agile process.
Be able to contribute to the onboarding process of additional team members.
Ability to work in a fast-paced operational environment with competing priorities and multiple stakeholders.
Strong analytical abilities, and able to put forward recommendations and solutions.
Able to work unsupervised, take initiative and resolve issues.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.