Logistic Simulation Engineer Marietta (Atlanta) – Job Description
Would you like to be part of the material handling industry as it embraces the automation transformation wave? Do you like seeing the results from your work implemented in logistic systems? Does a career in a market leading company sound appealing? Are you a team player driven to win? Do you believe in sustainable development and care about working on a safe and engaging work environment? Do you strive to be better every day and take ownership? We have just the job for you!
The North America Systems Engineering Department is growing and looking for enthusiastic, independent professionals. As part of this team, simulation engineers will help design solutions primarily for Warehousing automation systems. As part of Vanderlande’s global Simulation Department, there will be opportunities to support projects in Baggage Handling and Parcel sortation applications as well. The work ranges from sales to service and from project execution to R&D. Within the department, much attention is paid to personal development of the simulation engineers, enabling you to start a great career at a fantastic company.
As a Logistic Simulation Engineer, you conduct studies on the dynamic behavior of complex Material Handling Systems. You use 3-D simulation software to analyze and solve complex logistic problems. With your analytical skills and proactive attitude, you optimize the system and identify bottlenecks or improvements prior to installation at the customer’s site. Through creative thinking you develop conceptual improvements to controls strategies and provide customers with tailored advice to their specific questions. After you have gained more experience, your communication skills will enable you to act as a link between the different disciplines involved when working on larger projects.
As a simulation engineer based in our Marietta (Atlanta) GA office, you will be a part of both the Systems Engineering group providing direct support to North America Sales organization as well as Vanderlande’s global Simulation Department.
As part of your training you will spend time at other Vanderlande offices to learn our simulation methodology, gain knowledge about our internal tooling, meet your simulation colleagues, and develop relationships with colleagues in other departments. This in-person training will be organized as soon as it is deemed safe to travel.
- Define requirements and specifications for simulation studies.
- Develop models and execute simulations to analyze dynamic interactions within the material handling systems.
- Propose and develop reusable modules and tools for increased efficiency in the simulation processes and corresponding data analyses.
- Plan and perform system analysis and draw conclusions with respect to performance and compliancy with performance requirements.
- Plan and perform simulations to support software verification and validation.
- Work with diverse project teams to ensure solutions reach stated performance, whilst functioning as a link between different disciplines. Pro-actively contribute to optimization of the system/solution under development.
- Report progress and results of the simulation studies to internal and external customers.
- Manage customer expectation, communicate early and regularly.
- Expand knowledge of simulation within the North American organization.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mathematics or another engineering discipline with at least 1-2 years of relevant working experience in a technical field (preferably logistics) OR Master’s Degree in a similar discipline. (Internships and co-ops will be considered)
• Must be willing and able to travel internationally for an initial training of 6 weeks (to be arranged as soon as it is deemed safe to do so).
• Willing to travel occasionally (up to 10%).
• Excellent communication skills
• Proactive attitude
• Focus on creating collaborative customer relationships
• Knowledge of and affinity with programming. Experience with VBA, MATLAB, C, or Java is an asset.
• Knowledge of quantitative analysis techniques, simulation, and flow analysis. Experience with Demo3D, AutoMod, FlexSim, Plant Software or similar tools is an asset.