Construction/Site Manager/ Group Leader Site Management APS UK
Vanderlande is a global market leader in material handling systems. Working within projects, the Logistics Supervisor will be responsible for the management and delivery of all material/equipment in line with installation activities and the programme schedule operating within the VI project delivery structure.
A logistics supervisor will oversee and supervise project logistic lifecycles to ensure successful installation execution in dynamic and demanding environments. Successfully leading and co-ordinating material delivery processes to compliment project schedules in complex settings without direct supervision. The successful candidate will possess the underpinning skills defined to make the role a success inclusive of time management, ability to act in an autonomous manner and embrace ownership of all associated aspects with material deliveries utilising correct procedures with support from the wider business and other functions within the project teams such as engineering, R&D, HSEQ or supply chain.
The logistics supervisor will be required to possess a proactive mindset, actively seeking improvements and embedding more efficient ways of working to support Vanderlande’s continuous improvement strategy through adaptation and updating of process and procedures whilst removing the barriers to execution to support efficient and effective installation and implementation activities.
Reporting on progress / undertaking of gap analysis for planned against actual deliveries and identifying/implementing countermeasures in consultation with the Site/Construction Manager, coordinating with all interfacing subcontractors, the client (where applicable) and PC’s representative. Proactively driving a Stay Safe and Good Quality culture, ensuring the project teams and subcontractors understand and implement good safety practice during the execution of material deliveries/movements and work activities within the project.
Management of the subcontractor logistics team to ensure implementation of a robust and secure material management strategy on site or associated structures to include; scheduling, quality management, planning, cost awareness, problem resolution, interface management and day-to-day decision-making appropriate to the role of a logistics supervisor. Undertaking logistics planning where necessary to support the installation of activities for timely execution to complement the project schedule and resource scheduling at the site level. Taking the leading role in site and activity based safety ensuring all activities are compliant to the relevant safety standards and Vanderlande processes. Be able to act autonomously driving a right first time culture and the creation of timely and accurate reports utilising the site reporting tool Protrack.
Build Reputation with Customers
Responsible for liaison with the client at the point of work to ensure successful alignment and expectation management to facilitate project material deliveries. Focal point for driving on time deliveries with zero defects and optimal mitigations when required to a satisfactory outcome, preparation for site readiness and demobilisation activities.
Drive to Win
Ownership of achievement to plan, understanding any gaps, and providing a central role in the local resolution method. Reporting upwards to site manager on delivery progress in relation to defined schedule targets. Control of supply chain planned vs. actual delivery progress and gauging the merits of initiatives to mitigate slippage e.g. sourcing delayed items locally, leveraging relationships forged within the wider business in the most efficient manner to mitigate shortfalls.
Interaction & coordination between equipment installation, working interfaces, supply chain & third party works including liaison with the PCR and stakeholders to achieve co-ordination of planned deliveries, optimal demarcation for material storage and a safe working environment to ensure safe and successful material movements to plan. Ensuring a strong site presence and measurable control through site/storage facility walks and a robust auditing schedule targeting safety, quality and material management with outputs controlled and managed accordingly in a timely manner with the team to a satisfactory resolution in line with Vanderlande standards. Supervising subcontractor teams and undertaking gap analysis’s both collectively as a team, and as individuals operating at a variety of experience levels. Ability to take ownership and develop personal skills through guidance and mentored support for growth along appropriate and defined career goals.
Ensuring delivery, safety and quality are the primary focus of all site supervisors. Being the logistics owner for continuous improvement on site through cross functional collaboration, lessons learned and engagement with the wider business to support and implement logistics initiatives, providing constructive feedback and being the champion for best practice.
Safe Base & We Care
Proven logistical background, with demonstrated leadership and communication skills. Can demonstrate the ability to communicate with all levels of the site team providing factual and clear information in a timely manner. Be decisive and maintain the ability to be assertive and accomplish results through successful interface management. Ability to balance competing priorities whilst maintaining a safe environment and meeting deadlines in a pressured and time critical delivery.
- 5 Years experience in successful logistics operations
- Supervising teams within large/complex projects or demanding time critical environments
- Awareness and solid understanding of CDM Regulations and associated legislation
- Possess the ability to understand and successfully interpret project delivery schedules, Delivery planning overviews, specifications and packing lists
- Ability to create and manage robust logistic planning to complement the master project schedule and Equipment Delivery Program through generation of delivery look aheads, client meetings and forecasting
- IT literate, capable of using MS Office and Outlook as a minimum
- Proven Safety record through delivery within time critical and pressurised working environments
- Possess the ability to champion Vanderlande’s Stay Safe Culture and safe working ethos
- Be able to provide robust reports and drive delivery progress whilst ensuring Vanderlande’s quality standards are met
- Successful execution of supporting activities within all phases of a project, ranging from pre-construction through to handover
- Successfully managing interfaces with clients where appropriate, and chairing logistics meetings locally at site level as required.
- SSSTS Trained as a minimum, preferably SMSTS trained
- CPCS A61 Appointed Persons Lifting Qualified
- IOSH Managing Safely as a minimum, NEBOSH General Certificate preferable
- NVQ Level 4 Diploma in Construction Site Supervision
- First Aid At Work
- Temporary Works Co-ordinator Qualified