Mechanical Project Engineer – ESO
Are you a mechanical engineer with the drive to improve and standardize? Can you manage a global group of content builders, and do you have an eye for details? And finally, do you like to support our engineers in their daily use of our Engineering Suite of Tools (ESOT) and our standards? Then apply now as Mechanical Project Engineer ESO.
As a Mechanical Project Engineer, your main responsibilities are:
- Support Project Engineers: our engineers use ESOT on a daily basis. You will support them in any possible way; you answer their questions regarding functionality and you handle issues found during the use of ESOT to ensure as limited disturbance as possible for our projects
- You will act as general support officer for questions related to our standards (equipment modules, platform, etc)
- Manage our ESOT content: as part of our development roadmap, each quarter, our ESOT-libraries are updated. Based on new developments, as well as issue feedback from our engineers, our content builders create code and macro’s that are the heart of our ESOT system. It is your role to analyze the updates from our development roadmap and issues, translate these updates into changes for ESOT, and instruct and manage our content builders (Netherlands, India, USA). Also, you will be responsible for standardizing customer-specific requirements for our Key Customers into ESOT.
- Initiate and execute continuous improvement actions
The Engineering Support Office (ESO) is responsible for all supporting activities towards our Engineering department. As well as standardization on engineering level, covering development and maintenance of tooling and modules for engineering. It manages our custom-built Engineering Suite Of Tools, which enables Vanderlande Engineers to use standard building blocks as part of a system. The team consists of mechanical, controls, and electrical engineers, each managing their own part of standardization. Furthermore, they act as liaison between R&D and Engineering, both in our projects as well as in development and upgrading of modules, and New Product Introduction.
To be successful in this position, you have at least a bachelor’s in mechanical engineering. On top of that, you like to analyze, delegate and review. A few years of Engineering experience in a project-based environment is a pre. Furthermore, you have/are
- Excellent PC skills, including some coding experience.
- Detail-oriented, enabling you to review and reveal errors before releasing updates.
- Good command of the English language.
Vanderlande is the global market leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports – from London Heathrow to Singapore Changi – and in the parcel market, for main players such as UPS and FedEx. Furthermore, we are also a leading supplier of solutions for warehousing giants, including Walmart, which seamlessly integrate innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services.
If you aspire to a position of responsibility – and want to make a difference by facilitating the delivery of what matters most to consumers, passengers and businesses – then the next step on your path to global opportunities is to join Vanderlande. As part of our network and unique culture of freedom and flexibility, you will be connected to our dedicated people, build strong relationships and rise to the challenge of industry-leading projects.
You will grow, take ownership and make every day better as you continue on the road to success with your spirit of adventure – and fulfil your ambitions for personal development through our Academy. Vanderlande will give you the necessary knowledge, tools and support, so that together we have the confidence and ability to exceed our customers’ expectations in over 100 countries.
To achieve our collective goals, you will have a hands-on role working in a positive environment to deliver tangible, state-of-the-art products and improve the competitiveness of our highly visible customers. As an integral part of our team, you will have the enthusiasm and be driven to reach our destination before your next journey with Vanderlande begins…
If the role of Mechanical Project Engineer ESO appeals to you, then please apply now by completing the application form, and uploading your CV and covering letter. For more information, please contact Recruiter Robbert van der Vorst on +31 413 49 49 49 or Robbert.van.der.Vorst@vanderlande.com