Are you the Operational Buyer with excellent communication skills who is the spider in the web within our pragmatic and dynamic work environment? We are looking for a stable, studious, and independent colleague with Batchelor degree and thinking level who is ready for the next step in the Ordering team.
The Ordering department is part of Supply Chain Center Europe (SCC EU) and falls within Global Supply Chain. SCC EU is responsible for the integrated supply of goods and services to projects. A smooth execution of projects depends on a strong Ordering organization. Placing orders, monitoring and chasing existing orders for delivery time, reliability and quality in combination with the challenging delivery times, changing project planning and exceptions make it a dynamic and challenging environment.
The Ordering team is responsible for the operational procurement for the projects. The team supports the projects and is divided into three commodities: Vanderlande Equipment, 3rd Party Equipment & Services and Non-Product Related.
As an Operational Buyer you take care of the operational purchasing activities (ordering – monitoring – aftercare) within SCC EU for the commodity VI equipment. You place purchase orders with suppliers, monitor confirmations and ensure changes in planning and specifications. You monitor the agreed delivery dates and coordinate the logistics management to a supplier. In this role you will work with (sometimes complex) issues from suppliers and the internal organization and you will be responsible for solving these independently and proactively. This requires critical and close collaboration with other internal departments. You work closely with the Category Manager and are also able to act on a tactical level. This includes preparing Supplier Review Meetings, monitoring and improving supplier performance and independently handling escalations. You have a proactive attitude in recognizing and initiating possible short- and long-term improvements with the aim of bringing the performance of the Ordering department to a higher level.
For this position, we require:
- Batchelor degree and thinking level in the direction of business administration, economics, supply chain or operations with at least 3 years work experience or a completed education in business administration, economics, supply chain
- Affinity with technology, you are able to build up the necessary product and material knowledge in a short time
- Good command of the English and Dutch language in word and writing
- Knowledge of ERP and supporting systems. (JD Edwards, Advanced forms, Enovia, Tungsten, Trade shift, Qlick sense, Hubble)
- Knowledge of Procure to pay and adjacent processes.
- Ability to independently perform RFQs (request for quotations)
- Knowledge of category data analyzes such as spend, supplier performance, item masterdata)
- Experience in preparing and leading Business review meetings
- Strong communicator, accurate, good analytical insight and able to maintain an overview and set the right priorities within a complex environment
- Commercially strong
- Flexible team player who can work with a diversity of people and cultures
- Skilled in problem solving techniques such as QRCM, 8D, 5W2H.
- You proactively and independently tackle problems and challenges and find solutions
- You can deal with a healthy tension and pressure in a dynamic/international company
- You are able to work quickly and switch quickly
- You work in a disciplined, structured way and are able to look beyond the boundaries of your field