Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Works under the direction of the Service Manager to oversee site system operations for Individual Carrier System (ICS) and Automated Security Lanes (ASL).
- Manages a small to normal sized maintenance contract.
- Manages team performing a variety of less interrelated activities.
- Manages the daily operation activities, leads and sets direction of the operational team including subcontractors.
- Participate in weekly, monthly and quarterly meeting with Service Manager, customers and corporate management to review performance, as needed.
- Responsible for the implementation and adherence of staff to our health and safety plan, training requirements and overall participation in the company health and safety program.
- Administer Operational documentation and system readiness such as flight plans, System Availability, and labor hours.
- Improve capability and capacity of operations personnel.
- Plan and manage resources to ensure the cost-effective execution of the system operation.
- Train, manage, and lead employee performance to ensure continuous improvement.
- Process administrative work that supports the maintenance and operational processes.
- Ensure a safe work environment for employees and ensure that safe work practices are utilized.
- Maintain, and enforce site specific policies and procedures including but not limited to: Communication plans, safety plans, contingency plans, attendance, quality control of craftsmanship, inventory management, training requirements, PLC code control (per TSA's PODS 4.2 guidelines).
- Track Operational KPIs with the use of SCADA, VIBES, ITMC and others.
- Promote training initiatives
- Generate standard operating procedures.
- Conduct BHS failures root cause assessments.
- Conduct ongoing BHS Assessments.
- Promote Equipment and vicinity cleanliness and good housekeeping practices.
- Provide written reports of any kind requested by the airport.
- Work with Service Manager to oversee and manage Site P&L to achieve budgetary cost and margin goals.
- Identifies recurring issues and elaborates ideas for improvement, i.e. the quality of work, performance of employees and cooperation with other departments.
- Sets priorities, distributes work, and monitors progress and quality.
- Improves departmental processes and performance of the crew. This may lead to people development
- Liaise with maintenance manager on the impact of maintenance ability on the equipment during day to day operations.
- Liaise with VIBES Specialist, IT Engineer or Operator for system readiness and anticipate issues.
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of experience with system operations management and managing employees, leading, motivating, and mentoring teams
- Experience with Control Systems and Networks, a plus
- Experience in industrial, commercial construction, or material handling/conveyor systems industries.
- Experience adhering to and implementing customer contracts
- Experience coordinating training with a team; on-boarding; appraisals; recognition; recruiting etc.
- Proven track record of problem solving, taking on entrepreneurial challenges and simplifying the complex
- Must be able to attain and sustain an Airport I.D. Badge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical) field preferred
- Airport and Warehouse Operations experience
- Conveyor services or material handling services experience
- Strong client interface and professional presentation
- Ability to multitask
- Strong Microsoft office skills – Excel, Word Processing and Outlook
- Entrepreneurial attitude – problem solving and innovation
- Able to communicate (written and verbal) both within the organization
- Organizational and time management skills
- Capable of analyzing issues and developing solutions
- Strong work ethic, technical affinity, ability to grow and mentor as company expands
- Ability to be creative and innovative, and overcome objections and turn them into opportunity
- Confidence and professionalism in representing the Company
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position, Sunday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. With the expectation to manage a 24/7 operation.
- This position requires up to 10% travel.
Oversee and Manage Operations Team and subcontractors