The Physical Distribution Employee is responsible for the process assigned to them within the EDC (inbound, outbound, reverse logistics or manufacturing). This falls under receiving, journey entry, packaging, control identification, storage, handling, loading / unloading of all goods in the department. S/he is the foreman. In addition to implementation of operational tasks the senior is responsible for coordinating the work on the floor so that all work is completed on time and of good quality. The senior staff member is involved in the preparation of procedures and work instructions on the floor. S/he also claims (together with the Team Lead) the performance and appraisal interviews with employees assigned to them.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Contact point for the department
- Ensure compliance with company rules and safety regulations of the company
- Coordinating the work on the floor for the assigned area
- Work independently and is responsible for the progress of the work to be done and the quality of supply to work
- Participates in operational activities of the department
- Workload / staffing balance between inbound and outbound, in consultation with senior colleagues and Team Leader
- Reporting and administration
- Motivating employees, encouraging team play, and communicate processes and procedures implemented in the EDC
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment
Required Education and Experience:
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have valid state driver’s license and clean driving record
- At least three years of warehouse experience
- Minimum of one year experience as a Forklift Operator
- Forklift Operator Certification
- Basic knowledge MS Office
- Basic knowledge of mechanical equipment and mechanically inclined is a plus.
- Logistic and packing knowledge is preferred
- Decision making and aware of team’s responsibility
- Act on own initiative. Generate solutions and cope with pressure
- Coach, motivate others, and acknowledge the contribution of others
- Planning, organizing, and look for change (continuous improvement)
- Shows attention for safety
- Communicates well, thinks, and has result-oriented attitude
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, may require Holiday and OT work.
This position does not require travel.
Supervise physical distribution staff
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
Lifts 50 pounds frequently, and up To 75 occasionally.
Carries 45 pounds frequently, and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
(Example: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds.)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.