If you are looking to take on a fast-paced and rewarding role in a market-leading environment, then we at Vanderlande want you on our team!
A PLE position at Vanderlande can give you the opportunity to:
- Work with teams of experts on global projects
- Further your career by developing your skills and growing your network
- Be part of an international team dedicated to developing innovative solutions
- Lead a team of diverse individuals on challenging projects
As Project Lead Engineering, you'll be responsible for leading one or more multidisciplinary projects. You’ll focus on the project goals, manage the quality, costs and functionality, and schedule of the projects while advising the Project Manager and the customer on the system functionality and the project goals. You proactively identify project risks and how to combat them. You know how to optimize your skills and the skills of your team members while working together with other groups within Vanderlande and the project team. You are able to keep up to date on developments in the field and introduce new working methods to make improvement proposals for cross project problems and process improvements in the department.
- Execute the system design from mechanical, hardware, system and network design, integration of different components, system commissioning and testing through to final handover to the customer
- Document functional system specifications, interface specifications and (high level) test plans (FAT, SAT, CAT), including validation
- Responsible for all information during the project, including complete project archiving
- Manage requirements, integration, configuration, and software changes throughout the projects
- Create and/or oversee user manuals, documentation, training, and project evaluations
- Execute the health and safety analysis and be responsible for the safety coordination during the engineering phase
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience in implementing and managing highly complex and large-scale systems
- Project management experience
- Experience with integration and configuration management
- Willing and able to travel up to 25%
- Experience utilizing MS project, Primavera, or other scheduling software
- Knowledge of engineering theories and principles
- Technical knowledge/background in material handling processes
- In depth knowledge of test approaches (V model and software testing)
- Proactive and hands on work ethic
- Self-motivated with proven ability in problem solving, especially in intense situations
- Pragmatic and capable to balance quality, lead time, costs, and technology
- Ability to lead a specialized team responsible for complex project(s)
- Motivator and trainer for coworkers
Vanderlande Industries is a $1B leading global supplier of turnkey material handling systems for airport baggage handling and the distribution, parcel and postal markets. We are an Original Equipment Manufacturer and System Integrator of all our material handling solutions. Vanderlande offers engineering, design, installation and operations as well as maintenance services.
Vanderlande Industries brings more than 70 years of experience and know-how to the industry and ranks as the 5th largest material handling supplier in the world. Our North America headquarters is located in Marietta, GA and serves the US, Canada and Mexico.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.