The Quality Assurance Department works in close cooperation with Project Engineers, R&D and Supply Chain Management. The Quality Assurance team acts as an advisor and gatekeeper for maintaining the Vanderlande Quality Standard both for product and process standards.
In the event product issues arise, the department ensures that containment, corrective and preventive actions are taken in close cooperation with Site, R&D and Services. At which point advising R&D about product enhancements is key. Also, the Quality Department is leading the Field Quality Board which monitors and solves structural issues in the field.
Besides having a reactive approach in case of quality issues, Quality Assurance within Vanderlande also aims to prevent potential product issues by means of Supplier auditing and development and verification of part/supplier quality prior to formal release.
The Project Leader Field Quality acts as an coordinator in between several disciplines with the goal to effectively solve field quality issues, including preventing reoccurrence.
- Coordination of solving product issues especially for impactful issues at customer sites in the field. Drives the execution of 8D problem solving process including timely containment action in the field and a proper root cause analysis.
- Driving product and supplier improvements based on performance data gathered in the field.
- Facilitator of complex root-cause analysis and coach in problemsolving (8D method)
- Lead-auditor for the execution of Supplier Audits and internal improvement assessments.
Essential Functions (Job Duties & Responsibilities):
- Knowledge and experience as a project leader in a technical environment.
- Leader and facilitator of multi-disciplinary Problem Solving teams, applying 8D
- Coordinate Product Issues for customer projects, ensuring timely solving and transparent case building in the case of supplier related issues
- Leads process improvements in the field of QA process improvement
- Able to perform audits as a lead-auditor, including internal audits/assessment. Determines in advance the scope of the investigation based on a risk evaluation. Consulting with project or supply chain stakeholders, as needed
- Provides input to the supplier audit year plan
- Reports in a fact-based way; able to review basis audit/inspection reports of peers
- Acts as an ambassador for QA. Able to give presentations towards Stakeholders about Improvements and Way of working
- Works and participates as part of a global team of QA professionals
- Work according to procedures/standards as agreed upon within the global Quality Network and set within VI. Is a role model for QA Engineers and Inspectors.
- Cooperating in the solving of structural issues worked on by the Field Quality Board
Knowledge and Competences:
- A Bachelor or Master diploma in a technical field of education.
- Strong communicator. Able to apply different styles and influencing techniques
- Verbal and written communication in English. Preferable another foreign language
- Ability to think in business risks and opportunities
- Self-starter and planner of own work
- Able to coordinate multidisciplinary teams and managing stakeholders as a lead for these teams
- Preferred/willing to learn
- Experience in applying problem solving methods (8D, PSDM)
- Basic statistical knowledge (like Histogram, Process Capacility etc.)
- Lean, Six sigma (statistical methods
- Qualified Lead auditor
- International Management System Standards such as ISO9001/ NEN-EN 1090 etc.
- Process/product FMEA