The Project Manager will lead the delivery of complex automation and construction projects into dynamic, evolving, and challenging environments. Leading cross functional and multidiscipline teams the Project Manager Parcel will be accountable for the scoping, pricing, scheduling, and delivery of parcels projects across the UK. These projects will have to be delivered through the full project lifecycle from solution development into design and on-site implementation, commissioning, testing and handover to client on-site service team and Vanderlande service team.
The Project Manager will be flexible, self-reliant, driven, and will provide ownership in managing and leading activities in the delivery of each project from customer order through to final acceptance. These activities could be (but not limited to); planning, procurement, commercial, contractual, financial, documentation, stakeholder management and risk & issue management. Maintaining a customer partnership and close collaboration with internal and external stakeholders will be critical to the role.
Your responsibilities and activities will be:
- Monitor and control the project, whilst facilitating accurate forecasting, and reporting on all project performance variables including resourcing requirements
- Leading individuals, groups, or external suppliers to deliver for the benefit of the project and ensure commercial and contractual elements are managed and in a timely manner and realise potential opportunities for change/ variations
- Create effective and good working customer and stakeholder relationships internally and externally to ensure that expectations are aligned, whilst maintaining strong partnerships with subcontracted and customer’s primary Contractors
- Through effective leadership and motivation drive project teams, internal support functions and sub-contractors to deliver high quality solutions against milestones and budgets
- Provide mentoring and leadership for junior project managers. Using best practice, develop realistic, challenging, and robust project plans to ensure the project delivery is a success
- Support the development of the business case, bids, whilst ensuring that the plan will realise project and business benefits
- Manage project uncertainty through risk planning and issue management. Establishing and acting on appropriate mitigations and contingency plans
- Encourage and construct good coherent relationships and partnerships with cross-functional project teams, external suppliers and subcontractors, internal business support functions and wider stakeholders – promoting project engagement and successful delivery against the project objectives
- Support a safe working environment within project delivery through championing and encouragement of a safety-first culture
Role Qualification and Skills
- Formal project management qualification e.g. APM PMQ.
- Formal contract management qualification e.g. NEC3 or NEC4.
- Formal health, safety & environment qualification e.g. CDM, IOSH, NEBOSH, SMSTS
- Demonstrable evidence of delivering projects of up to £10m.
- Knowledge of PLC or SCADA systems.
- Adept in the use of MS SharePoint, MS Teams and MS Office applications.
- Experience of airport baggage handling or parcel systems (note training will be given in these disciplines).
Please note that UK and Ireland travel will be necessary along with a valid UK driving license. Some occasional overseas travel may be required
What we offer
- 28 days of annual leave (excluding public holidays)
- Bupa Medical Cover
- YuLife – Wellbeing membership with fast access to GP appointments, promotion of health and wellbeing along with daily quests to gain Yucoins that can be swapped for shopping vouchers
- Perkbox includes things such as free eye tests at Specsavers including discounts on Glasses, free cinema vouchers and a weekly free coffee from Nero. Along with hundreds of savings on day-to-day shopping, trips etc.
- A challenging work environment with lots of opportunities of career progression.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with Aviva