Vanderlande is the global market leader in baggage handling systems for airports, and sorting systems for parcel and postal services.
We are looking for a QA Test and configuration manager to work as part of a growing Integration department that serves Vanderlande's North American projects.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop new methodologies and process to enhance the current way of working and to set a new standard for project delivery from an integration perspective going forwards.
This will be a varied role covering Quality and Testing, as well as configuration management for the department.
- Assist with the delivery of Integrated Systems that conform to an agreed scope and acceptance criteria.
- Manage the development and execution of tests linked to the validation and acceptance of a project.
- Manage the change and configuration management processes.
- Support and contribute to integration planning and highlighting any dependencies between key technical variables.
- manage existing systems of Change Management.
- Contributing to co-ordination, development, implementation and management of customer requirements/ expectations.
- Create effective and good working relationships with all departments to ensure that customer expectations are exceeded
- Recognizing and highlighting risks, be they technical or to delivery schedule/requirements
- Ensuring the latest standards, templates and processes are adhered to department wide
- Manage the progress on key deliverables for the department
- Complex system level QA and Test Experience
- Knowledge of Software Testing or development life cycle. (V-Model, CMMi, Agile) and Test processes
- Planning experience of industry standard testing phases (e.g Factory acceptance tests and Site acceptance tests)
- Industry Best Practices QA Techniques Experience
- Experience with large scale IT implementations
- Software QA Testing Verification/Validation Experience
- Understanding of testing and automation technologies
- Possess excellent communication and writing skills
- Experience in writing program level test management documentation
- Application development and/or technical operations environment
- Experience leading a work group(s) and direct client contact
- Configuration management experience – baselining and documenting processes for project clarity on development information within relevant tooling (e.g IBM rational tool suite)