As a subsidiary of Toyota Industries (TICO), Vanderlande North America is enjoying rapid growth and extraordinary market demand. Vanderlande is a global market leader in material handling system manufacture, design, installation, and service. Vanderlande systems employ the latest in robotic, mechanical, and software technology. Vanderlande’s customers are household names in e-commerce, package delivery, and air transportation.
As a Reliability Engineer your primary role is the identification and the management of asset reliability risks, that could adversely affect the plant or business operations of our customers. Based on Risk Management, Life Cycle Asset Management and loss elimination you ensure maximum system reliability, availability and safety in the most cost-effective way throughout the life cycle. You make recommendations for improvements to reduce costs and to mitigate risks. You determine cost advantages of plans to comply with internal/external customers’ demands for reliable processes and systems and present them to the customer. You manage operational risks and improve maintenance concepts and lifecycle planning to the achievement of customers strategic objectives in the areas of production, environmental health and safety, asset capability, quality and compliance.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities)
- Perform and facilitate criticality analyses (FMECA, RCM) in a multi-disciplinary and a multi-stakeholder environment;
- Develop long-term asset management plans and budgets; you provide lifecycle cost analyses and apply value analysis to repair/replace, repair/redesign and make/buy decisions;
- Implement multiple data analysis techniques such as Fault Tree Analysis, the Six Sigma Methodology, Root-Cause Analysis (RCA).
- Provide technical support to operations, technicians and contract-and maintenance management to advise, present and implement initiatives.
- Work with site managers, contract managers and sales to generate new and organic business opportunities, while building and maintaining relationships with key internal and external customers.
Required Education and Experience (Basic Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Reliability Engineering or a related field required
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment required
- Experience with standards in the field of Reliability and Asset Management (ISO 5500
- Experience with predictive maintenance techniques – oil analysis, ultrasonic/sonic, vibration analysis, thermography, etc
- Knowledge of continuous improvement methods such as Kaizen, L6S or TPM
- Excellent communication skills
- Project Planning
- Travel, as required for position – 50%
- Masters in Mechanical Engineering, Reliability Engineering a plus.
- Exposure to European and American cultures is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills as well.
- Competent customer-oriented professional who can multi-task and oversee multiple geographic locations.
- Ability to anticipate customer and team needs and act accordingly.
- Proactive, motivated, professional.
- Willing to work long hours in a challenging environment.
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced, technical, entrepreneurial, international work environment.
- Organizational, communication (written and verbal), presentation, facilitation, project management and influencing skills
- Have an analytical orientation and possess strong problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter who can quickly and independently assess business and customer requirements and become a trusted an integral part of the team
- Team player with leadership instincts
- Strong task-based methodology to resolving issues and accomplishing goals
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.