(Robotics) System Designer (R&D)
Are you ready to move the World of Technology forward towards automation and material handling solutions? We are looking for a robotics specialist whom helps shape the architectures that allow seamless integration of world-class robotics modules into our material handling solutions.
In Technology, former Research and Development (R&D), no two days are the same. Our activities are based all over the world and each project is different. These projects improve the business of our external customers within the Airports, Warehousing and Parcel business. Our talented System Designers are committed to solve the next challenge and are enhancing Vanderlande’s competitive position.
As System Designer you are responsible for the specification and design of new multi-disciplinary functions to be used worldwide in our logistic systems. Your design is implemented by a team of specialists with whom you closely cooperate. You will be a partner of the Product Architect and System Integrator and together with your expert team you are carrying the responsibility for the final release(s) of your multidisciplinary module and it’s desired function
For robotic workcells you focus on the mechanical, electromechanical and software interfacing surrounding robot manipulators. To do so, you know the technical limits of robot vision, motion control, end-of-arm tooling and safety. You design the hardware to accommodate the incoming flows of bins, SKUs, items, parcels or bags into robot cells and their the outcoming flows in close cooperation with our suppliers robotic manipulators & robot vision. It is a fact that there are an infinite amount of different items and parcels handled in the warehouses and distribution centers of our customers. You are aware of how challenging handling all these varying items are and find novel ways to filter and control the flow of items such that robotic workcells can operate optimally.
You will be part of the robotics technology development program, designed to accelerate our developments in this area and unlock the full potential and combination of AI and Robotics in our systems. You will be working together with world class experts whom offer world-class solutions that need to be seamlessly integrated into our material handling solutions. As System Designer, you have a pivotal role in laying out the technical requirements and design architectures upon which these integrations can be realized.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible for a multidisciplinary functional design of a product function from initial requirements set by the Product Architect until the delivery of the tested function to the Product Integrator
- Use Model Based Design techniques for functionalities that concern the movement of masses and/or the flow control of these masses (e.g. Parcels, Luggage or E-commerce products). Based on these models define requirements and make concept design choices
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team of specialist in the field of Mechanical, Electronics, Electro-Mechanics, PLC and Software. Together with specialists you design a function that fits within the Vanderlande’s technology standards and reference architecture; or if it doesn’t fit to define requirements for the part missing
- Requirements Management. Write requirement specifications, design specification, test plans, specifications and report in the Vanderlande requirement tooling (e.g. DOORS, HP Test Centre, Enterprise Architect)
- Applies system design methodologies and techniques (PSDM, 8D, DFMEA, Model Based Design, Design for Six Sigma, Numerical Calculations etc.)
You have a pragmatic and result-drive attitude. You are eager to learn and curious about the new technologies within and outside Vanderlande.
- You have a relevant master’s degree in a technical area e.g. Mechanical Engineering (System & Control, Dynamics & Control), Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a proven track record indicating a comparable knowledge and abstraction level
- You have +/- 3-6 years of relevant working experience in designing and engineering multi-disciplinary industrial systems
- An educational specialization in Robotics and AI technologies is considered as a plus
- You are able to keep the overview and to operate on various abstraction levels
- Relevant work experience within the field of Robotics and AI technology is considered as a plus
- Have gone through the V-cycle of a product development in relevant domain and robotics application is considered as a plus.
- It is important that you can convince others of a particular point of view to obtain an agreement with your stakeholders
- You are a functional/system Thinker
- You are able to make a Model based design using Matlab/Simulink
- You master the English language, both orally and in writing
We offer you the opportunity to learn new things and develop your personal skills, while working with remote team members.
Our company has been named for several years in a row as 'Top Employer' and 'Best Employer'.
We offer a position in an informal and professional working environment with a lot of scope for personal development.
As well as your fixed salary you'll receive the following secondary benefits:
- 27 days’ vacation & 13 ADV (working hours reduction) days
- Flexible working hours
- Training facilities
- Travel expenses
- Collective pension scheme and insurance facilities for healthcare, car, WGA (Return to Work Scheme for the Partially Disabled) etc.
Vanderlande is the global leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports and in the parcel market, as well as a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses. In this world of technology, we believe in people – especially those who are totally dedicated, customer-driven and keen to continue learning throughout their career.
This is embraced by our Vanderlande Academy and International Talent Development programmes, with over 800 courses conducted every year. The focus is on freedom while being trusted to deliver, and this is one of the reasons why we received the highest rating of three stars in the Best Employer survey (The Netherlands).
If you are ambitious and take your long-term career seriously, then please contact us to explore this global opportunity to join a company at the top of its game. For more information or to apply for this challenging position, please visit careers.vanderlande.com
If you want to take on this demanding challenge, apply now by filling in the application form and upload your resume and motivation letter. For more information contact Jasper Pijnenburg, Recruiter on 0413-494408.