As part of the sales team, it is your responsibility to work collaboratively with the sales manager and customer to identify and analyze needs and transfer those into a successful system design with appropriate options and tradeoffs identified. You will present these designs to the customer, further fostering the engagement, and helping them make decisions as to the correct solution. You will report to the Director of Sales Engineering, Warehouse Solutions NA.
- Lead small to large teams of Sales Engineering professionals that support Warehouse Automation projects with Vanderlande North America.
- May develop departmental budgets and support development of business plans within Sales Engineering.
- May evaluate and recommend changes in methods or procedures in own area of responsibility.
- Identify the customer’s automation needs through RFP analysis and collaborative discussions with customers, sales managers, and sales consultants.
- Independently develop system design based on customer automation needs for medium to highly complex projects.
- Works with Purchasing to manage the interface relationships with vendors and assists in evaluating the performance of vendors and subcontractors.
- Provides a check for technical, cost and contracting aspects of quotes and serves as the major contact for intra-company departments and vendors.
- Schedules technical reviews and price review meetings.
- Develop solution options for technical issues.
- Evaluate the designs based on cost, functionality, business needs and risks.
- Identify risks and propose mitigation plans.
- Work closely with the lay-out group to convert system design into lay-out.
- Coordinate the bid process and tasks within sales design team.
- Price the designed system at the appropriate level.
- Write proposals and support sales manager with technical presentations to the customer.
- Work simultaneously on multiple sales projects.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any Engineering discipline. Master’s degree in engineering or business preferred.
- 10 or more years in warehouse automation and/or material handling systems.
- Experience with logistical processes and system design is required.
- Experience with both controls and mechanical automation technology is required.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong focus on creating collaborative internal and external relationships.
- Work well in multi-disciplinary team.
- Exceptional sales acumen.
- Ability to coordinate projects and teams of varying sizes.
- Ability to work effectively in an entrepreneurial international organization, often working across organizational, geographic, and cultural boundaries.
- Prepared to travel up to 25% domestically and internationally.