The Project Manager manages multi-million dollar automated material handling projects in Baggage Handling, Warehouse Automation, and Parcel Sortation throughout North America. We are seeking a business professional with an entrepreneurial background and in-depth understanding of executing major material handling systems in a multi-disciplinary environment. We are a fast-paced matrixed organization seeking a PM with not only the technical background to do the job but just as importantly work in a team environment. Project Manager may report to a Project Director on a large program or directly manage smaller projects.
Job Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Lead administrative, contractual, technical, and financial aspects of the projects.
• Lead and Organize the project team and develop effective relationships.
• Preserve the integrated system design to meet the system performance and technical specification requirements.
• Manage the project master schedule to achieve timely completion of the contract, both internal commitments and actions as well as holding the customer accountable for their commitments.
• Report monthly project status.
• Act as the primary interface with customer and key stakeholders.
• Manage multiple tasks and projects as required.
• Lead a multi-disciplined team and sub-contractors; manage conflict, establish priorities, coordinate many concurrent and sequencing activities, develop the people associated with the team, promote effective interactions among many departments, and provide the project team with leadership.
• Manage risks and seek opportunities.
• Manage project cash flow and schedule of deliverables against price/time curves.
• Exercise overall profit responsibility for the total project.
• Minimum 8 years of Project Management experience demonstrating increasing levels of project value and complexity.
• Experience with completion of medium sized projects (up to $75M) in the Construction and/or Material Handling Industry.
• Strong subcontractor management experience.
• Experience managing complex group of stakeholders and consultants within complex project environments.
• Must be willing and able to travel up to 50% (Note: Most travel is done on weekdays).
• BS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or similar technical field.
• PMP, P.E., or LEED Certification/Accreditation.
• Experience with Automated Control Systems.
• Experience working for an international organization.
• Leadership capability to create a unified and motivated project team.
• Excellent stakeholder management, verbal and written communication skills.
• Independent decision-making ability with strong financial focus.
• Sound knowledge of contract law.
• Ability to manage diverse team of internal disciplines.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.