Do you know which services our clients need? Do you have a strong affinity with Automation, Innovation and Services and do you have commercial flair? Then start a new challenge in your career and come and join our organization.
Vanderlande is a growing international company, worldwide known for its innovative material handling systems that automate the processes at Airports, Warehouses and Parcels distribution centres. Since this automation is at the core of our customer’s processes, Vanderlande builds long term service partnerships. The Life Cycle Service organisation of Vanderlande consists of more than 1.600 employees who work closely together with our customers on a day to day basis to make sure that they have full grip on their business and improvement potential is capitalized.
Vanderlande is organized in a Customer Centre structure to enable close presence to our markets and customers. The Customer Centre Warehousing Solutions International is responsible for sales and execution of complex projects and customer services in our region. The business focus is on the regions Benelux, Nordics, Italy and Eastern Europe with a supporting role to our local branch organisations in France, UK, Russia, Spain, China and Australia. With a team of commercial specialists, you define the course of our sales cycles and customer relationships. The Service Sales Engineer is a subject matter expert in his or her domain and is responsible for engineering services solutions, customer workshops and other content in the quotation process.
The Service Sales Engineer is responsible for the set-up and design of the service proposition to our customers. Our service proposition includes all services to support, operate and improve Vanderlande Material Handling Systems ranging from Maintenance to IT & Controls and Operational services. This is important for the correct functioning of these systems. As Service Sales Engineer, you will collect and validate the input from various internal departments and external partners. This requires in-depth knowledge to be able to translate this input into a commercial proposal. In this challenging role, you will serve a large variety of customers worldwide and you will work closely together with the customer and supply centres to design and sell the best offer to our customers. The Service Sales Engineer reports to the Services Sales Manager and will work closely together with Service Account Managers, Project Sales teams and Service Operations teams.
- Understanding the customer's business and processes and translate this into solid service proposals
- Engineering of service concepts and solutions based on the operations, business policy and risk aversion of each individual customer
- You will gather and analyse the customer’s requirements and wishes, for instance through workshops. You will determine the level of service required and propose a service design that will achieve this level. You write quotation proposal texts and advise on pricing. Finally, you present the service design to the customer. When the service contract is sold, you will ensure a smooth handover to the Service Operations or even a dedicated Operational Readiness team.
- Challenging both the customer and the internal organisation with creative services solutions based on added value propositions
- Management and continuous optimisation of the quotation and sales knowledge database and adoption for new services
We believe the right candidate at least meets the following requirements:
- Successfully completed a masters or bachelor study with a technical or commercial background preferable in Industrial Automation / IT Infrastructure Management
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in international environment
- Experiences with scoping and pricing of complex services or solutions
- Affinity with logistic processes and technology
- Flexible, independent and eager to learn
- Fluent in English in writing and speaking
Since this role has an international scope we expect that you are willing to travel internationally
Vanderlande is the global leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports and in the parcel market, as well as a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses. In this world of technology, we believe in people – especially those who are totally dedicated, customer-driven and keen to continue learning throughout their career.
This is embraced by our Vanderlande Academy and International Talent Development programmes, with over 800 courses conducted every year. The focus is on freedom while being trusted to deliver, and this is one of the reasons why we received the highest rating of three stars in the Best Employer survey (The Netherlands).
If you’re ambitious and take your long-term career seriously, then please contact us to explore this global opportunity to join a company at the top of its game. For more information or to apply for this challenging position, please visit careers.vanderlande.com
If the role of Service Sales Engineer appeals to you, then please apply now by completing the application form, and uploading your CV and covering letter. For more information, please contact Chrissy Broeders, Senior Recruiter on firstname.lastname@example.org.