You will be based on a key customers meat processing facility, a state of the art, highly automated warehouse and distribution hub.
You will be part of a highly motivated service team who, day to day focus on:
- Preventative and corrective maintenance.
- Fault finding on automated systems.
- Using data analytics to enhance system performance.
- Developing your technical skills in Automation.
- Providing technical support to our customer
The role is based on a site that is a non-slaughter, meat processing facility. You will be required to follow strict health and safety procedures to ensure that this environment is kept food grade sterile while servicing and maintaining live equipment.
You'll have frequent contact with overseas colleagues and suppliers to make ensure quality is delivered to the customer as well as support from 24 hour OEM hotlines and a 24 hour Vanderlande Industries service desk.
Being a shift based role, you will also be required to work a 12 hour rotating roster of 5 days on, 5 days off. This means working shifts on days, nights, weekends and public holidays when required, as outlined by your roster.
You will also be working in an environment that is operating at 0°C.
Skills and experience:
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Trade or Diploma, with at least 3 to 5 years relevant working experience as a Service Technician.
- Strong mechanical and/or electrical aptitude.
- Displays understanding of controls (including PLC/industrial PCs), electrical/mechanical systems, software and networks.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in logistics, postal sorting or baggage automated systems or food handling facilities.
- Living in Melbourne, Australia with a PR or Australian citizenship.
- A keen interest to further your own ability and studies.
- Honest, reliable and proactive.
- Be comfortable with working in a highly sanitised, low temperature (0°C) meat processing environment.
What We Offer You
In this challenging position, you get the chance to work on a significant contribution to the growth and profitability of Vanderlande. Our organisation has been named for several years in a row as ‘Top Employer’ and ‘Best Employer’. We offer a full time position in an informal and professional working environment with a lot of possibilities for your own personal development. Besides a competitive remuneration package, you will also work on a modern, state of the art facility with onsite parking and a hard working, supportive team.
In a world of technology, Vanderlande believes in people – its employees make the difference in everything the company does.To apply for this unique and exciting opportunity, submit a resume and cover letter.
ID checks will be performed to verify work entitlements in Australia.