As Software Architect you will be responsible for the translation of the requirements into software demands, setting up and monitoring the software architecture and for setting up the requirements in case of new functionality. You will be responsible for the architecture of a number of microservices, stand-alone desktop front-end applications, and a mobile application. You will frequently meet other software architects to ensure the overall software architecture of our software platform that is currently being designed and implemented.
You will lead the process for one or more teams implementing this new software platform. In a SCRUM-team of professionals your technical knowledge and competencies will be leading and will be the base for your discussions with the Product Owner. Apart from your tasks as a software architect you will also lead by example by taking up lead development activities within the team.
Your qualifications and skills
If you’re a proactive, enthusiastic, result-driven and versatile software architect with a pragmatic hands-on attitude, you will excel at:
- Leading the software design of microservices within the new software platform
- Defining technical user stories
- Implementing SW Designs and component requirements
- Aligning the software architecture with other software-, and system architects
- Acting as a knowledge holder on the SW architecture
- Leading the team as a developer during the implementation phase
- Challenge and influence team members to excel
- Taking part in an Agile (Scrum or Kanban) team
- Maintaining the product backlog together with the Product Owner
- Providing support within the team
You should also have the following qualifications / have a working knowledge of:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- Experience as a software team lead and/or lead developer
- A selection of contemporary languages and frameworks. E.g. C#/.Net (WPF), Angular, JavaEE.
- Domain driven design and behaviour driven development
- Knowledge of-, and experience with (implementation of) Microservices architecture
- Knowledge about Material Handling processes, and/or logistic trade and the skills to transfer them into usable concepts and architectures is an advantage
- Experience in a multi-disciplinary project organization
- Requirements Management, Change Management, Version Control and Test management tools
- Continuous integration, continuous delivery and DevOps
- The Agile methodology, including Scrum and Kanban
- Both oral and written English. Dutch is an advantage
You get the opportunity to contribute to the growth and profitability of Vanderlande. Our organization has been named for several years in a row a ‘Top Employer’ and ‘Best Employer’. We offer a full-time position in an informal and professional working environment with a lot of possibilities for your own personal development. Besides your primary salary, you will receive the following secondary conditions:
27 days of vacations & 13 ADV days
Flexible working hours
Training and coaching to support personal development
Collective pension scheme and insurance facilities for healthcare.
Vanderlande is the global leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports and in the parcel market, as well as a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses. In this world of technology, we believe in people – especially those who are totally dedicated, customer-driven and keen to continue learning throughout their career. This is embraced by our Vanderlande Academy and International Talent Development programs, with over 800 courses conducted every year. The focus is on freedom while being trusted to deliver, and this is one of the reasons why we received the highest rating of three stars in the Best Employer survey (The Netherlands).
If you are ambitious and take your long-term career seriously, then please contact us to explore this global opportunity to join a company at the top of its game.
If you want to take on this demanding challenge in a dynamic environment, apply now by filling in the application form and upload your resume and cover letter. For more information contact Annelieke van der Poel, Recruiter on +31413494599 .