As a subsidiary of Toyota Industries (TICO), Vanderlande North America is enjoying rapid growth and extraordinary market demand. Vanderlande is a global market leader in material handling system manufacturing, design, installation, and service. Vanderlande systems employ the latest in robotic, mechanical, and software technology. Vanderlande’s customers are household names in e-commerce, package delivery, and air transportation.
A Senior R&D Engineer (Embedded Software) you will work within projects to design, develop, integrate, and test high quality (real-time) applications focused on Vanderlande’s proprietary embedded controllers. You will develop efficient and effective solutions together with your team members. You will be working in a multidisciplinary team to realize scalable and flexible products that build the logistic systems of tomorrow. Where required you will support your colleagues in the first pilots of new products.
Model Based Design is a relatively new development method in our R&D department. You will play an important role in further developing and building knowledge in this field of expertise. Beside taking part in model-based design tasks you will play a main role in developing software for our embedded microcontrollers.
- You design, document, and implement software concepts for embedded controllers.
- Responsible for translating technical designs into (executable) plant & controller models used for simulation and emulation in the R&D domain.
- Detailing models to such a level that they can be used for code generation and deployment on real-time platforms.
- Hardware selection, design, and production in cooperation with external companies.
- Control quality, revisions, and testing of developed software.
- Decompose bottlenecks in processes and tooling and generate recommendations for improvements.
- Pro-active coordination and communication with internal and external specialists, project leader and other stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Electronics Engineering or Computer Engineering, Mechatronics, Embedded Systems or equivalent
- Working experience more than 3+ years in embedded, in the field of industrial automation, motion control, and supervisory control.
- Experience with software design on Embedded platforms and object-oriented programming with C or C# preferred and optionally C++.
Preferred Skills/ Qualifications:
- Knowledge of IT architecture and real-time operating systems such as Windows, Linux, or QNX.
- Experience with Visual Studio IDE
- Knowledge of networking protocols (e.g., UDP, TCP/IP, FTP, SSH).
- Knowledge of industrial networks (e.g., PROFINET, CIP Ethernet/IP, AS-i).
- Knowledge of field bus, I/O, sensors, actuators (e.g., BLDC motors to large motor drives).
- Experience with Modelling and auto-coding in MATLAB, Simulink or Stateflow is preferred.
- Requirements Management, Change Management, Version Control tools (Git / BitBucket, JIRA, Bamboo)
- Knowledge of controls engineering theories and principles
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written skills
- Entrepreneurship, leadership, and influencing skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- This Position may require some travel for training, or travel to sites (up to 15%)
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.