This role will be part of the Warehouse Management and Automation teams based in Marietta Georgia. Working closely with other technical product owners, product management, and software architects you will be responsible for gathering and defining software requirements through user epics and stories to meet the expected feature functionality of Vanderlande’s customers. Additionally this role will prioritize software construction activities utilizing a release management strategy within an Agile culture working with software development teams. Serving as a SME leader for the groups, this role requires business and technical domain knowledge and understanding of the logistics processes, software, and systems within Warehouse Management.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
Working as a team member of the product and software development groups, this role will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Product Manager, Technical Product Owners, and Software Architects in refinement and defining feature functionality and acceptance criteria to meet product roadmap
- Lead the full product cycle of ideation, research, design, and construction within Agile process developing and maintaining the product roadmap within features, epics, and stories
- Research and maintain business domain knowledge within inventory management, storage and retrieval, picking (batch, zone, discrete, etc.), order management, routing, robotics, palletization, and all other aspects of warehouse execution systems
- Plan releases, sprint goals, and groom both technical and business functionality to meet engineering development project expectations
- Manage project conflicts, challenges and dynamic business requirements to meet expected deliverables
- Communicates with management and stakeholders on sprint and project milestones, KPIs, etc.
- Able to do post mortem and root cause analysis with teams along with retrospectives to improve the construction process
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business or equivalent (Master’s degree a plus)
- Minimum of 3+ years of technical/operational experience within Material Handling domain or similar controls based environment
- Minimum of 3 years working in Agile gathering technical and business requirements as a product owner and/or scrum master
- Good working knowledge/experience defining event driven applications based on domain driven designs utilizing micro-services through ubiquitous business domain language
- Experience in gathering customer requirements and breaking down those requirements from sales and solutions documentation
- Deep understanding of automation and control based systems (within Warehouse environments a plus)
- Strong coach on implementation of SAFe or Agil scrum and working with Architecture teams to assess and size story/epics
- Working knowledge of developing/deployment of applications within cloud systems (Azure, AWS, etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to understand and represent both the business and technology within the SDLC
Any of the following additional experience is a plus:
- Controls development within Warehouse/Transportation controls system or equivalent
- Working experience with Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
- Working experience with TDD or BDD software methodologies
- Working as a solutions architect specifically with warehouse execution systems
- Has at least 2 years acting as a project manager within warehouse automation projects
- Operations experience within an automated warehouse execution system
Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
Good interpersonal skills (work well within a team) and ability to influence at various levels of the organization.
Experience in driving automation and logistics improvements within Warehouse Management solutions.
Ability to work in a fast-paced operational environment with competing priorities and multiple stakeholders.
Strong analytical abilities, and able to put forward recommendations.
Able to work with minimal supervision, take initiative, and resolve issues.
Up to 20% travel could be expected
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.