The functions of a Warehouse Operator are that of completing and coordinating the day-to-day warehouse operational functions of packing, shipping, receiving and inventory control of conveyor equipment. A Warehouse Operator is required to work under the administration of Warehouse Supervisor and efficiently as well as accurately conduct all duties and responsibilities assigned.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Operating sit-down and/or stand-up forklift
- Perform physical and system receipts of all incoming shipments.
- Picking orders and processing orders for shipment.
- Loading & unloading trucks.
- Working in a team environment, safely
- Cycle counts and other inventory related functions.
- Keeping warehouse clean and organized
- Following all safety procedures and regulations
Required Education and Experience:
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have valid state driver’s license and clean driving record
- At least one year of warehouse experience
- Minimum of one year experience as a Forklift Operator
- Forklift Operator Certification
- Basic knowledge MS Office
- Basic knowledge of mechanical equipment and mechanically inclined is a plus.
Ability to work in a team environment
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, may require Holiday and OT work.
This position does not require travel.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
Lifts 50 pounds frequently, and up To 75 occasionally.
Carries 45 pounds frequently, and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
(Example: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds.)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.