As an Electrical Technician, your role within the team is to undertake preventative and corrective maintenance on a baggage warehouse incorporating automated storage cranes and specialised transport systems. The role will be on a 24/7 roster.
You will be an important contribution to our goal of achieving the highest possible customer satisfaction, focusing on the continuity of customers' processes. That means you'll require an enthusiastic and proactive attitude and a flexible working approach combined with the ability to interact effectively with people from diverse cultures, combined with the willingness to learn and expand your abilities every day.
Your key focus areas in this role is as follows
- Preventative and corrective maintenance (electrical & mechanical).
- Fault finding on automated systems.
- Using data analytics to enhance system performance.
- Providing technical support to our customer.
Skills and experience
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Electrical (A-Grade) qualification with at least 3 to 5 years relevant working experience as Service Engineer/Technician.
- Strong electrical background working on industrial equipment with mechanical aptitude.
- Industrial controls understanding (PLC’s, VFD’s, HMI’s, Etc.)
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills (English).
- Highly motivated with a keen interest to further your own ability and studies.
- Honest, reliable and proactive with a strong sense of accountability and responsibility.
- This role is based at Sydney Airport. There is a requirement to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and you will be regularly drug and alcohol tested.
- Dual Trade Certificate (electrical and mechanical).
- Experience in logistics, postal sorting and baggage handling systems highly regarded.
- Proven controls background.
You will be required to successfully obtain an Aviation Security Identification Card for Sydney Airport. Criminal checks are required as part of this process.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to someone who is a team player with a positive, energetic attitude and work ethic as well as the ability to think outside the square.
In a world of technology, Vanderlande believes in people – its employees make the difference in everything the company does. To apply for this unique and exciting opportunity, submit your cover letter and resume through the APPLY NOW.
ID checks will be performed to verify work entitlements in Australia.