Field Quality Advisor
UK Quality Manager
Working within projects, in conjunction with the information management team and safety team, the Field Quality Advisor will be principally responsible for driving the quality management and assurance of all activities within the project.
Conduct Training and awareness on quality aspects including induction, NABS and DABS feedback.
Emphasis will be placed on ensuring that all activities are conducted in alignment with appropriate quality (or other) plans, benchmark documents and installation instructions including ensuring relevant deliverables are available at the appropriate milestones defined by the project manager.
The scope of the role will be in relation to on-site activity, supplier activities, subcontractor activities and warehouse/logistics processes.
The Field Quality Advisor will be responsible for development and confirming that quality plans comprehensively capture Vanderlande and customer specific requirements and will administer appropriate governance during the installation and manufacturing/supply processes.
Ensuring root cause analysis is carried out on non-conformances identified.
Driving a right first time & injury free culture of continuous improvement, elevating the safety and quality culture to ensure the project teams and supply base understand and implement good safety and quality assurance practices throughout the life cycle of the project – instilling a culture of prevention rather than detection in all areas.
Accountabilities & Vanderlande Values
The Field Quality Advisor will be accountable for:
- Agree and confirm Supplier Quality plans
- Involved in development of Vanderlande Quality Plan(s)
- Ensure a comprehensive list of deliverables is created and inputting into that process (Vanderlande, Supplier/Sub-contractor and Customer)
- Ensure availability of installation instructions and benchmarking both for Vanderlande activities and also sub-contractor activities /products (Documentation and/or visual standards)
Audit and Governance
- Creating audit plans
- Confirm correct issue documents in use
- Confirm adherence to installation instructions and benchmark documents
- Audit compliance to quality and other plans (internal and external)
- Confirm deliverables available at appropriate milestones
- Supplier audits (including monitoring the quality of the product and the product delivered by visiting supplier sites – e.g. by witnessing FAT tests)
- Project site audits
- Close out of audit non-conformities to root cause
- Audit and check that sub-contractors have confirmed that model information is correct by appropriate survey or visual checks
- Conduct 5s/ housekeeping audits
- Confirm deliverables meet technical requirements defined in planning
- Logging, reporting and follow up through appropriate tools (Omnitracker, Protrack, DCR etc)
- Logging, reporting and follow up on audit findings
- Containment and Root cause analysis for issues identified
- Assigning and estimating costs related to non-conformances
- Creating reports and analysis on audits and non-conformities and their status
- Carry out induction training related to quality aspects
- Carry out training as required on problem solving, root cause analysis
The Field Quality Advisor will:
- be analytical, cost-conscious and results-oriented, maintaining regular contact with the internal and external stakeholders
- Operate as the project based central point of contact for internal and external stakeholders
- Report periodically to the Project Manager and UK Quality Manager.]
- Limit the necessity for snags to be raised by proactively ensuring a system of prevention is applied
Build Reputation with Customers
The Field Quality Advisor will ensure that customer requirements are satisfied as defined by:
- deliverables definition and monitoring
- quality planning and ensuring those plans are applied
- defining appropriate customer agreed benchmarks
- responding quickly to customer concerns
- ensuring limited snags are identified by the customer through a proactive prevention approach
- Ensuring non-conformances are identified, contained and subsequently facilitating root cause analysis
- Liaison with the client in a technical context for benchmarking, quality, and testing assurance
- Being the focal point for driving non-conformance resolution and preparation for compliance marking assessment (CE Compliance)
Drive to Win
- Ownership of achievement to plan, understanding any gaps, and providing a central role in the local resolution method.
- Reporting upwards to project management team on quality status of installation activities
- Aiming for zero defects strategy
- Interaction & coordination between all stakeholders both, internal, sub-contractor/supplier and customer ensuring issues are resolved with all parties
- Ensuring site walks and audits proactively take place for safety and quality and the resulting findings are delegated for closure responsibly.
Every day better
- Training and awareness of the “right first time” strategy with all concerned stakeholders and achieving “buy in” from those stakeholders.
- Being able to facilitate with team members proper root cause analysis and problem solving
- Liaison with Information management and H&S team etc plus project team
Safe Base & We Care
- Championing that the beneficial inter-relationship between safety and quality are the prime focus of site supervision.
- Being the site owner of continuous improvement on site through clear monitoring of targeted kpi’s, cross functional collaboration, and lessons learned.
- Always aiming for a Zero defects target
- Can balance competing priorities delivering sustainable quality improvements within pressing deadlines under pressure.
Preferred qualifications (structural & safety):
- Diploma …. engineering – constructive design.
- At least 5 years of work experience as a (field) engineer
- Experience user of BIM and drawing software (Autocad 2D – 3D, Tekla)
- SMSTS, IOSH managing safely certifications, First Aid.
- Significant experience in projects involving steelwork installation
- Managing a multi-functional team, interfacing with clients where appropriate, and chairing meetings locally as required. Adept at conflict resolution
- Awareness of CDM regulations and ideally as a minimum SMSTS trained
- Capable of reading engineering drawings, specs, layouts, and interpretation of master project plans into phasing schedules and time slices.
- Very computer literate, capable of using MS outlook and office suite (MS project would also be desirable).
- Able to collate data and generate the present reports.
- Experience auditing suppliers against relevant international standards
- Good communication skills
- Expert on technical content of steel and construction of structures
- Accurate, systematic, solutions and results-oriented, resourceful
- Flexible, responsible, sense of autonomy in understanding the requirements of your own work
- Cost-conscious and in possession of knowledge about costs in the steel industry
- Be able to function independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent management/knowledge of English language
- Willing to travel and work on location