Lead Front End Engineer at Data Bridge Team within Digital Service Factory (DSF)
Vanderlande provides baggage handling systems for 600 airports around the globe, capable of moving over 4 billion pieces of baggage around the world per year. For the parcel market our systems handle 52 million parcels per day. All these systems generate data. Do you see a challenge in building data-driven services for our customers using that data? Do you want to contribute to the fast-growing Vanderlande Technology Department on its journey to become more data driven? If so, then join our Digital Service Factory (DSF) department!
Within the Data Bridge team (part of DSF) we are developing a secure and efficient set of data products that will be disclosed, using standard interfaces, to enable data consumers to build digital services. Data products are a way of organizing data which allows for discoverability and traceability. They are standalone units within the Data Mesh architecture, domain-based and can be shared and used by all domains. Data products are used for other domains within the Digital Service Factory: operational awareness, predictive maintenance and process optimization, based on machine learning and AI.
Your responsibility is to build the front end that will simplify access to the data products. You work together with the product owner on the definition of the user stories, UX and UI specialists to define how to implement it and with backend developers to enable the front end. Some of the use cases are data quality validation, customer site mapping and data availability trend.
You will be part of a DevSecOps team that builds, secures, and maintains the application. Together with them, you set the pipelines, monitoring metrics and alerting to ensure that the application is production ready and working as planned. Eventually you could be involved in production support during working hours.
As a lead and expert on front end development, you will also make sure that the front ends of the different Digital Services can be integrated into one seamless user interface, using modern development practices.
What are your main tasks and responsibilities?
- You build and develop our responsive web application that works well on a variety of screen resolutions and browsers.
- You develop new features for our products and services which provide our customers with actionable information through multiple channels.
- You participate in end-to-end development through prototyping, validation, implementation, launch, and further iterations.
- You actively contribute to continuous integration efforts and improvements in our way of working.
- You collaborate with UX designers to develop appealing and intuitive interfaces based on graphic designs or mock-ups.
- You lead the front-end guild that aims to share knowledge, innovate, and design solutions that spans multiple teams.
- You guide and mentor other front-end developers and help them out when necessary.
- Experience with and/or skills in UX design/development (Figma); you are able to create an aesthetically pleasing and user experience friendly interface based on (or without any) minimal mock-ups.
- Experience with automated unit, visual, and/or contract testing, we use Jest for this.
- Experience developing online applications, especially those containing a lot of data.
- You have excellent problem-solving and verbal communication skills.
- You have experience with reactive and object-oriented programming.
- You have experience with Angular 12+, Typescript, RxJS, Web Components, Lit-Element, Tailwind, Storybook, Web Performance, Web Workers Jest (testing).
- Experience with HTML5 (+ markdown), CSS, SCSS
- You know how to develop secure front end applications and are familiar with oauth2
- You know how to close the customer feedback loop and continuously improve the front end apps
- Development experience using Git (bitbucket).
- You have experience using container technologies (e.g. Docker).
- You have experience using Kubernetes as a developer.
- Good to have some hands-on experience in:
- DevOps tooling for test automation and CI/CD.
- Experience with back-end development in Java and/or Python is a plus
- Experience with creating and designing APIs.
- Experience with Data Mesh concepts is a plus.
- Experience with backend to be able to translate front-end needs to backend tasks.
What we offer
In the challenging and responsible position of Lead Front End Engineer, you will have the chance to make a significant contribution to industry-leading projects and be connected to our dedicated people and customers. We offer a position in an informal, international and professional working environment with a lot of opportunities for personal development. By joining our profitable and growing company you will be able to reach your goals and focus on your future.
On top of your fixed salary, you will receive the following secondary benefits:
40 vacation days (20 statutory days and a flexible budget worth 20 days).
Flexible working hours.
A hybrid workplace (40% working from home and 60% in the office).
Commuting allowance, including full reimbursement of travel by public transport.
Working from home allowance.
Collective pension scheme and discount on health insurance.
On-site company health centers with a gym, physiotherapists and occupational therapists.
Vanderlande Academy and training facilities to boost your skills.
A variety in Vanderlande Network communities and initiatives.
And a great company restaurant and coffee bar with barista.
Diversity & Inclusion
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If the challenging profile of Lead Front End Engineer appeals to you, apply now by filling in the application form and uploading you CV and cover letter. For more information about this vacancy, please contact Dèveny Stultjens, Recruiter, via +31 413 755 273.