The Manufacturing Team Leader Manages a team of Manufacturing employees without supervision. In doing so, they continuously achieve the agreed production level and challenge both themselves and employees to optimize output efficiency. Quality, timeliness, safety, and costs are the main drivers in this respect.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Ensures that employees comply with the company rules, standards and key values at VI (acts as a role model).
- Deputizes for other group leaders when absent.
- Develops employees so that they can cope with the demands of their current and possible future positions Vanderlande Industries.
- Advises on recruiting employees, gaining their loyalty and retaining them (including conducting job application interviews).
- Assesses employees (appraisal and correction).
- Acts as an ambassador for and supports the HR objectives of VI in general and those of Manufacturing in particular.
- Creates opportunities for effective training and coordination of apprentices
- Ensures timely and complete processing in the department based on the schedule and priorities issued by production planning.
- Takes corrective action in response to likely non-achievement of the schedule.
- Draws up a weekly plan after consultation with production planning and provides feedback on progress and possible emergencies.
- Assigns work within the department (groups/machines/employees).
- Achieves the output quality as documented on/in drawings, specifications, procedures and manuals.
- In the event of quality problems takes corrective action, possibly in consultation with the engineering department.
- Achieves the agreed output with maximum efficiency at an optimum departmental result-on-cost factor.
- Continuously makes improvements (quality, time, costs, risks). Where possible, initiates and implements improvements that are designed to achieve efficiency gains in the department. In the event of complex improvements provides support for the project leader.
- Participates in cross-departmental activities.
- Develops production technology and processes within the department.
- Instructs employees on all occupational health and safety related issues.
- Supervises and implements actions to better employee well-being, health and safety on the work floor (training, safety inspection rounds, safety program etc.).
- Reports unsafe situations and (near) accidents.
- Contribute to minimizing absenteeism by implementing the sickness absenteeism protocol.
- Manages team performing interrelated activities.
- Manages the daily operation, leads and sets direction of the production team
- Develop, maintain, and enforce policies and procedures including but not limited to: Communication plans, safety plans, contingency plans, attendance, quality control of craftsmanship, inventory management, training requirements, etc.
- Generate standard operating procedures.
- Sets priorities, distributes work, and monitors progress and quality.
3 to 5 years management experience with a team of 10 or more direct reports
5 years manufacturing experience
- Team Player
- Working knowledge of computers and equipment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to multitask
- Strong Microsoft office skills – Excel, Word Processing and Outlook
- Able to communicate clearly (written and oral)
- Organizational and time management skills
- Capable of analyzing issues and developing solutions
- Strong work ethic, technical affinity, ability to grow and mentor as company expands
- Ability to be creative and innovative, and overcome objections and turn them into opportunity
- Confidence and professionalism in representing the Company
- Ability to coach, guide, and counsel employees
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 2nd shift
This position requires less than 25% travel.
Supervises production team.
Senior Operations Manager Manufacturing
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Position will be working in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and utilization of PPE (i.e., safety glasses, gloves, etc.) is required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, and/or crouch.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and depth perception.
- Operate and maintain equipment and measurement instruments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.