Service Desk Engineer
As a subsidiary of Toyota Industries (TICO), Vanderlande North America is enjoying rapid growth and extraordinary market demand. Vanderlande is a global market leader in material handling system manufacturing, design, installation, and service. Vanderlande systems employ the latest in robotic, mechanical, and software technology. Vanderlande’s customers are household names in e-commerce, package delivery, and air transportation.
We are currently looking for a Service Desk Engineer to help support our North America Warehouse Solutions customers. Previous experience supporting customers with operational level controls (PLC), SCADA or IT software / hardware is preferred.
The Service Desk Engineering team is the first line of support and central point of contact between our customers and the service organization. As part of this team, you will handle call intake and registration for Incidents, Problems, Changes and Service Requests. This includes verification of contract coverage and warranty. Apart from troubleshooting, analyzing and prioritization of issues, the Service Desk Engineer also coordinates with second line engineering teams to coordinate, communicate and resolve customer issues.
As a Service Desk Engineer you will be working within the North American Support Center (NASC) team alongside other Support Engineers based in our Atlanta office.
Service Desk Engineer:
The Service Desk Engineer is responsible for quick response to system faults and customer requests with the aim of assisting in the restoration of service within contracted service level agreements. The candidate must be able to demonstrate 1+ years’ experience working in a service/customer support role with a focus on field service care.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Support of incidents raised at Customer sites
- Analysis & reporting of incident and summary upon closure
- Communication of updates within our ticketing system (DOS Maximo) to Customers, at the beginning, during and end of the incident, as per agreed frequency in the contract
- Provide basic support of IT and operational control systems (PLC's)
- Incident Management – Monitoring of incident and ensuring escalated at appropriate time
- Act as point of contact for escalation of major incidents, set up calls and contact escalation manager as and when required
- Maintain incident tickets information updated in DOS Maximo
- Support for 2nd line teams when escalation is required
- Assist in Support and analysis of IT and Controls systems, during and after incident
- Deliver post incident summary for major incidents to customer
- Review and update outstanding calls daily
- Manage & coordinate change requests at customer sites
- Prepare weekly reports; KPI’s, change requests and problem reports for customer sites
- Identify and provide 2nd Line support with as much information as is practical to facilitate fault finding of issue
- Work closely with customers, site team, subcontractors and suppliers
- Communicate closely with other groups within VI and project team (engineering, site management, supply chain, sales/proposal department and services)
- Learn new skills and stay current on latest technology to further assist 2nd line teams in incidents and analysis
Required Education and Experience:
- Experience in material handling systems or industrial controls systems (desirable)
- Experience managing & communicating customer issues via a ticketing system
- Good attention to detail with the ability to summarize information accurately
- Good knowledge of ITSM processes
- Understanding/Knowledge/experience with complex HLC Systems (desirable)
- An understanding of IT technologies hosting applications, databases, application servers, web servers, client installations (desirable)
- Experience working in an ITIL or equivalent environment
- Strong team mentality and acceptance of responsibility for project completion
- Self-motivated with proven ability in problem solving skills under stressful conditions
- Excellent administrative skills
- Must be able to work unsupervised and work to tight deadlines on mission critical systems
- Eager to learn and understand complex systems in depth
- Develop a good understanding and overview on system, software and system behavior.
- Excellent analytical skills able to think “out-of-the-box” to resolve issues quickly
- Team player, adaptable and willing to broaden skills outside core skillset, and to develop and mentor other team members.
- A clear communicator, able to communicate at all levels, able to be clear and concise to stakeholders and management at all levels
- Have a strong customer focus
- Good attention to detail and ability to work to a high standard
- Good planning and scheduling skills.
- Able and willing to work shifts.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written skills
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, working within a support center environment that has rotational shifts (3 days on and 3 days off) to cover support 24 x 7.
- Occasional travel to customer sites in North America is required.
- Some international travel will be required for training purposes.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
Primarily this role is office based within a climate controlled environment. The role may require site visits, and candidates should be able to access unhindered these environments, in order to perform essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.