As a subsidiary of Toyota Industries (TICO), Vanderlande North America is enjoying rapid growth and extraordinary market demand. Vanderlande is a global market leader in material handling system manufacture, design, installation, and service. Vanderlande systems employ the latest in robotic, mechanical, and software technology. Vanderlande’s customers are household names in e-commerce, package delivery, and air transportation.
The Project Manager is the primary interface between R&D and other intern customers. They would also provide leadership to a multi-disciplined project team and possibly subcontractors. We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about Project Management and wants to grow and develop their career within a fast past and challenging environment.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the implementation of R&D projects in Warehouse Automation sector globally. We are seeking an individual with the ability to operate in a multi-disciplinary environment. We are a fast-paced matrixed organization seeking a PM with not only the technical background to do the job but just as importantly work in a team environment.
This position will be based in our Atlanta, GA office and report to the Director of Research & Development WS NA
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assume administrative, contractual (if required), technical, and financial control of the project
- Organize the Project Team and develop effective relationships
- Lead a multi-disciplined team; manage conflict, establish priorities, coordinate concurrent activities, promote effective interactions among departments and provide the project team with leadership
- Travel, as required, to perform the tasks as described for this position. Some travel may be required during the commissioning and acceptance phase of each project
- Preserve the integrated design to meet the system performance and technical specification requirements
- Manage the project master schedule to achieve timely completion of the project
- Manage the project budget and schedule of deliverables against cost/time curves. This involves exercising budget responsibility for the total project
- Report monthly project status
- Interface with internal customers
- Manage the multiple tasks and projects as required with ability to create integration processes between departments and operational areas as needed
- Ensure all operational requirements and software dependencies are captured preserving the integrated system design to meet the system performance and technical specifications documented by Architects/Engineers.
- Manage process and artefact governance across teams to ensure compliance and process adherence
- Manage risks and seek opportunities.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills
- Excellent and proven leadership capabilities in creating unified and motivated project teams.
- Exceptional organizational skills and a track record of working effectively in a team environment that incorporates engineering and project management
- Proactive and hands on work ethic
- Strong team-oriented mentality and acceptance of responsibility for project completion
- Self-motivated with proven ability in problem solving, especially in intense situations
- Proven willingness and ability to think creatively and stay current with industry trends, equipment and standards
- Promote effective interactions among many departments
- Experience with Agile Project Management for both mechanical and software R&D projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or relevant Project Management experience managing engineering projects
- Project Manager with a track record in the successful completion of R&D engineering projects (3-4 projects around $1M.)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Project Management
- Must be willing and able to travel 5%
- Understanding of highly technical and mechanical, electrical and controls material handling systems
- Demonstrated familiarity working with consultants, contractors, and architects within Construction industry
- Knowledge of contract law
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.