Are you experienced in managing and developing a team of technical professionals in a dynamic, international and market-leading environment? We’ll give you the opportunity to work in a key focus area within Engineering!
As Team Leader you’ll be the line manager of a team of up to approximately 25 PLC engineers within our Engineering Department who will predominantly work on the engineering, testing and commissioning of large projects (mainly within Europe).
You will create a high performance team by leading the group towards next steps of professional development, initiating teambuilding related activities and managing escalations. You will hire and onboard new engineers, develop the controls competence, work closely together with our project teams in order to staff the projects and initiate and manage structural improvements.
Based on your technical background and experience you will be a sparring partner to your team. As such you will be able to challenge technical solutions and monitor and mitigate risks. You will also steer towards standardization, process adherence and process optimization.
Key result areas of the Team leader are:
- People Development including coaching, teambuilding and motivation
- Manage the team growth and the competences in the team
- Lead by example
- Support the team in critical issues
- Staff projects within the Engineering Department
- Steer towards maximum application of Vanderlande standards
- Stimulate, initiate and manage continuous improvement
Your qualifications and skills
You are an experienced, enthusiastic and versatile leader and you meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or similar in a relevant subject (e.g. Mechatronics/Electrical/Controls engineering)
- Working experience (min. 5 years) in a technical environment
- People management skills
- Experience in building teams of technical professionals, typically in an engineering environment
- Passion for technology in the industrial domain
- Drive to win, enthusiastic, result and goal oriented with a hands-on mentality
- Good communication skills. Fluency in written and spoken English (other languages would be an advantage)
Vanderlande is the global market leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports – from London Heathrow to Singapore Changi – and in the parcel market, for main players such as UPS and FedEx. Furthermore, we are also a leading supplier of solutions for warehousing giants, including Amazon and Walmart, which seamlessly integrate innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services.
If you aspire to a position of responsibility – and want to make a difference by facilitating the delivery of what matters most to consumers, passengers and businesses – then the next step on your path to global opportunities is to join Vanderlande. As part of our network and unique culture of freedom and flexibility, you will be connected to our dedicated people, build strong relationships and rise to the challenge of industry-leading projects.
You will grow, take ownership and make every day better as you continue on the road to success with your spirit of adventure – and fulfil your ambitions for personal development through our Academy. Vanderlande will give you the necessary knowledge, tools and support, so that together we have the confidence and ability to exceed our customers’ expectations in over 100 countries.
To achieve our collective goals, you will have a hands-on role working in a positive environment to deliver tangible, state-of-the-art products and improve the competitiveness of our highly visible customers. As an integral part of our team, you will have the enthusiasm and be driven to reach our destination before your next journey with Vanderlande begins…
If the role of Team leader appeals to you, then please apply now by completing the application form, and uploading your CV and covering letter. For more information, please contact Robbert van der Vorst on +31 413 49 49 49 or Robbert.van.der.Vorst@vanderlande.com