Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Create 3D models of baggage handling conveyor systems; including conveyor, catwalk, platforms, supporting, and bracing.
- Create 3D Models of any other objects that may impact system designs.
- Assure that models are created by following a fixed set of design rules and custom blocks as well as meeting any customer specifications.
- Utilize Navisworks to ensure designs are coordinated with other project stakeholders.
- Create 2D Layout packages based on the 3D models that can be used for customer approval, permitting, as well as installation.
- This task will include creation of plan, section, and detail views in a modified architectural drafting style.
- Experience using AutoCAD with the ability to draw and visualize in 3D.
- Must have experience multitasking to handle multiple drawings and tasks.
- Must be willing and able to travel 25%.
- Knowledge of Autodesk Navisworks.
- Experience using AutoCAD 2019.
- Good Knowledge of ACAD External References.
- Experience in the baggage handling industry or industrial conveyors.
- Knowledge of Drafting Standards.
- Ability to work effectively in team environment incorporating engineering, sales, and management functions.
- Be self-directed and able to manage own tasks independently while coordinating actions and progress with rest of team.
- Ability to learn new technical skills involved in maintaining or improving the Layout process and take direction from supervising engineers.
- Ability to read and understand Architectural, Mechanical & Structural Drawings.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to accurately judge time to complete on CAD projects.