If you are looking to take on a fast-paced and rewarding role in a market-leading environment, then we at Vanderlande want you on our team!
A Layout Engineering role at Vanderlande can give you the opportunity to:
- Work with teams of experts on global projects
- Further your career by developing your skills and growing your network
- Be part of an international team dedicated to developing innovative solutions
- Provide expert technical knowledge to a team of diverse individuals
Vanderlande’s Engineering Department is responsible for the design, specification and commissioning of material handling systems for our customers. In this position you will be responsible for executing the 3D layout design of material handling system solutions.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Generates 3D AutoCAD Models, plan views and elevation views for material handling system layouts, taking into account customer requirements, company standards, and direction of supervising project engineers.
- Create 3D Models of conveyor systems; this would include catwalk, supports and header steel.
- Create 3D Models of any other objects that may impact system designs.
- Create 2D Layout packages based on the 3D models that can be used for customer approval as well as installation. This task will include creation of plan and section views in a modified architectural drafting style.
- Reports Problems based on experience and review of drawings & model.
- Generates mechanical layout drawing package, including submittal preparation and revision control.
- Develop mechanical installation drawings required for system assembly.
- Perform site inspections as requested.
- Knowledge of Drafting Standards.
- Ability to learn new technical skills involved in maintaining or improving the Layout process, in consultation with project engineers.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to read and understand Architectural, Mechanical & Structural Drawings.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Certificate or Diploma of technology in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical or Architectural Drafting program.
- Experience designing layouts utilizing AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD including proven working experience with 3D AutoCAD.
- Experience in the baggage handling industry or industrial conveyors is an asset.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Transport Canada Security Clearance