Vanderlande is the global market leader in baggage handling systems for airports and sorting systems for parcel and postal services. The company is also a leading supplier of warehouse automation solutions. Established in 1949, Vanderlande has over 5,000 employees, all committed to moving its customers’ businesses forward at diverse locations on every continent. With a consistently increasing order intake of more than 1 billion euros, it has established a global reputation over the past six decades as a highly reliable partner for value-added automated material handling solutions.
The Sales Consultant within the Sales Engineering Services department will analyze operation and maintenance needs, related to material handling systems, for our customers in the airport and warehousing-parcel industries and translates those business needs into service solutions that create value for our customers. You will work together with the sales manager regarding the customer’s requirement and participate in developing a winning sales strategy.
The Sales Consultant is expected to identify the key aspects of the required operational and maintenance performance of the automated systems and the associated impact on operations. He/she is expected to provide viable solutions for retrofit, modification and revision of current IT and electro-mechanical systems. You’ll also play a role in analyzing industry trends and translate those trends into the development of market segments and service offerings.
- Identify the customer’s service needs for its material handling system and corresponding requirements.
- Design conceptual solutions based on order data, process analysis, critical business drivers and requirements, technical complexity and business case for large sized service contracts.
- Convert a conceptual, service solution into an executable service contract and associated high-level framework understanding and quantifying associated risks
- Based on analytical intelligence and experience, identify the key aspects of concepts and associated impact on operations.
- Within the sales engineering team, take ownership and engage with multiple departments to ensure compliance to company guidelines.
- Monitor the integrity of the conceptualized, service solution during the bidding phase, service implementation, and execution of the service contract.
- Responsible for accurate estimation of costs and development of sales price for large sized service contract as well as retrofit/modernization and revision projects.
- Be able to present and obtain technical and commercial approvals from upper management
- Perform post mortem of bids, compile and share lessons learned with all stake holders
- Be the subject matter expert in leading through all phases of the bid cycle and present to customers
- Strong partner to sales and business development teams
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent working experience.
- Excellent experience in bid management and application engineering in a consultative role
- Strong engineering design, testing, commissioning experience preferred related to IT controls, PLCs, DCS, SCADA, electro-mechanical equipment
- Project and site management experience a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Good understanding of service, field work and related offerings
- Good sales acumen and understanding on how pricing influences design strategies.
- Good material handling system knowledge preferred but not mandatory;
- Highly influential both internally and towards customers.
- Ability to comprehend and infer relevant information from a myriad of sources.
- Ability to articulate logistical processes, concepts, and system designs and their impact on all organizational levels externally and internally.
Prepared to travel up to 20 – 40% - Domestic and International
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.