Sales Consultant I
Group Leader Sales Engineering
As one of the global market leaders in the design, manufacture, installation and service of automated material handling systems and related services, Vanderlande has an excellent reputation in the market for reliable project and service delivery, innovation, customer focus and strong market awareness. Key markets include Warehousing (Food, Fashion and General Merchandise)and Parcel solutions.
In order to keep pace with the current and expected future growth, a fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Sales Consultant in our Sales Engineering team developing warehouse solutions at our Birmingham based office.
Together with the Business Development Manager and other team members you’ll make a key contribution to the sales success in the pre-contract phase of a project. You will become a leading member of the sales engineering team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Build Reputation with Customers
Ability and experience to create a constructive and confident relationship with the customer regarding solution
Drive to Win
Focus and drive to deliver proposals and dares to take calculated risks
Working as a senior member of the sales engineering team to lead multiple projects and coach other sales engineers
Every day better
Among others continuous improvements activities , develop and implement tooling, standard concepts and training. Contribute to internal development programs at group level and promote knowledge sharing within Birmingham team.
Safe Base & We Care
Support a safe working environment within business development through championing and encouragement of a safety first culture
The Ideal Candidate would have the following desired experience
· Upper class or Masters Degree level in a relevant Engineering discipline,
· 10-15 years previous experience in the automated material handling industry.
· Experience in working within an international professional environment, preferably a project organization
· Very strong data analysis and problem solving skills (advanced user in Excel)
· Excellent communication and presentation skills.
· A strong team player and able to build an excellent rapport with customers.