The Contracts Manager is responsible for the procurement and subcontracting of 3rd party designed equipment and site installation services that will be incorporated in our client’s material handling systems for small to very large projects in North America.
This position will report directly to the Director of Project Management WS NA and have a close working relationship with the Director of Sales Engineering WS NA, the Group Leader Project Procurement WS NA and their teams.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Umbrella responsibility for all commercial aspects related to Project execution in the WS NA organization. This will include supporting the Project Managers and buyers in the more complex parts of dealing with contracts, and will include contract negotiation, contract interpretation and negotiation of variation of contracts
- Support bids from a subcontracting basis providing analyze of proposals to ensure that the specifications of binding agreements with suppliers and customers are legal and comply with company policy. Work closely with the Proposal Team of the Project and have the responsibility to forge the External and Internal information into the winning proposal
- Work with the Sales and Project procurement Teams to draft, improve and enforce the use of all contract templates for the engagement of installation services, construction subcontractors, equipment suppliers and service level providers in collaboration with Corporate Counsel
- Manage the process of requests for quotations (RFQs) request for proposals (RFPs), and support of the Sales department in the bid process. Verify the accuracy, completeness and competitiveness of quotation packages generated by the Project Procurement Team (Buyers)
- Implement supply chain strategies for Project Procurement that is consistent with our business plan (Project Procurement and Subcontractor Strategy), Support and guide procurement activities in sales and delivery phases, drive effective supply chain management
- Review, draft, and negotiate labor contracts for projects,
- Support commercial activities at business section level
- Support the planning of commercial and procurement resource requirements (people and equipment) for current and future business section needs
- Establishment and maintenance of the appropriate commercial controls to deliver the business objectives to be done in close collaboration with PMO and Project Procurement Teams
- Support and collaborate with Project Management, Project Engineering to minimize total project risk and cost, strategic cost control
- Support Project Management on all possible claims on client contracts as well as claims from/ towards suppliers
- Work in close conjunction with project managers, sales, procurement, finance, and engineering to achieve the business results, successful implementation of Project commercials
- Performance management and continuous improvement of the commercial processes and controls within business section
- Analyze completed projects to determine ROI and compare costs
- Incorporate work instructions associated with Project Procurement and supervise the archival, sharing and protection of critical project communication documents related to Project Procurement
- Develop profitable customer commercial relationships
- Continuous improvement of the job and activities in line with the VI Values
- Mentor business section team members in professional development through business aligned goal setting, performance management and relevant training.
- Mentor and support Project Procurement Team members (Project Buyers) in project execution and problem solving and manage their day to day activities and priorities
- Provide guidance and training if needed on the contractual process
- Instill and drive commercial values throughout the business
- Able to advise on legal matters and know when to refer to Company lawyer
- Work closely with finance, pricing and legal departments to ensure that commercial strategy is aligned
- Ensure ethical principles and standards of purchasing practices in order to comply with all applicable safety, regulatory and quality system requirements
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal skills with the ability to negotiate
- Knowledge of contracting concepts and contract acquisition law and regulations
- Exceptional organizational skills and a track record of working effectively in a team environment that incorporates engineering and project management
- Self-motivated with proven ability in problem solving, especially in intense situations with analytical and financial skills
- Ability to promote effective interactions among many departments
- Prior experience in the material handling systems industry or similar (Construction/Contracting or Engineering industry) is advantageous along with the ability to read and understand engineering drawings
- Ability to handle many complex issues concurrently
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial organization where cooperating with others and being a team member is a natural
- BA/BSc in Legal, Business, Construction Engineering, Materials Management, or equivalent
- 10 + years of Contract Management experience
- 5+ years of Claim Management Experience
- 5 + years of Managerial experience
- Availability to travel 20% of time (Domestic)
- Understanding of highly technical and mechanical material handling / conveyor systems.
- Sound knowledge of contract law.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.