Vanderlande is the global market leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports, and in the parcel market. The company is also a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses.
The company focuses on the optimization of its customers’ business processes and competitive positions. Through close cooperation, it strives for the improvement of their operational activities and the expansion of their logistical achievements. Vanderlande’s extensive portfolio of integrated solutions – innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services – results in the realization of fast, reliable and efficient automation technology.
The Executive Manager, Service Sales WS is responsible for developing strategic sales plans based on company goals that will promote sales growth and customer satisfaction for the organization.
The Executive Manager of Service Sales will ensure the sales team preserves, expands and develops relationships with Vanderlande’s strategic key customers as well as drive new business development within specific assigned market segments. The Executive Mgr will be accountable for the Sales team achieving defined sales targets and assigned strategic objectives. The Executive Manager will ensure the Sales team manage the full sales cycle, from building a close partnership with the customer to managing bids and RFP's, client presentations, and ultimately closing the contract. In every case the emphasis is on close partnership with the customer, extending from initial analysis of the underlying business processes through to total life-cycle support. Candidates must have experience in a sales environment, managing and driving solutions based selling process. The ideal candidate will have this experience within the Material Handling System industry.
o Develops annual and long term sales plans in support of the Warehouse Solutions Service organization, including sales strategy, team objectives, resource planning and sales goals.
o Proposition and positioning development, e.g. Service solution/product development, Service concepts, increasing the market awareness of Vanderlande’s Life Cycle Services offering
o Framework and input for (content) marketing, white papers etc.
o Directs implementation and execution of sales policies and practices.
o Translating and implementing company’s strategy into market segment specific goals and setting action plans.
o Lead Sales activities for select Large and Complex Sales opportunities.
o Own and drive key-customer programs.
o Submit major input for product development and corporate market approach.
o Ensures annual and long term sales goals are achieved inline with the agreed business plan.
o Recommends sales strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analyses.
o Ensure Project and Service sales initiatives align and a value adding solution is provided to Customers.
o Builds, develops and manages the sales team, ensuring capability to carry out needed sales and service initiatives.
o Thought leader for the North American Service organizations – keynote speaker and subject matter expertise
o Ensure marketing plans and materials effectively communicate the Life Cycle Service Value Proposition.
o Reports to the Vice President, Life Cycle Services – Warehouse Solutions.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
• Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in strategic sales experience
• Demonstrated expertise in selling in a B2B environment with varying sales cycles (4 weeks – 12+ months)
• Experience with presenting to multi-level contacts, and medium to large organizations
• Experience Managing other Sales Managers/Functions
• PC Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products and CRM tools
• Willing and able to travel up to 50% domestically.
• Minimum ten years of sales experience in Material Handling Systems
• Master’s Degree
• Background in consultative selling role in a team selling environment
• Excellent communication and influencing skills, high energy and entrepreneurial spirit combined with a thorough knowledge of the Material Handling Industry, preferable in Warehouse Automation
• Leadership experience and strong executive sales experience / background.
• Strong work ethic, technical affinity, ability to grow and mentor as company expands.
• Structured and organized approach to market development and management.
• Natural commercial business acumen, dynamic, analytical, demonstrates drive, determination, and resilience to develop the market.
• Negotiating and contractual skills in addition to legal knowledge to help with contract negotiation.
• Experience in working in a cross-cultural environment
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.