Would you like to contribute to the logistics performance of A-brands worldwide? Building systems that can handle a variety of products, ranging from food, shoes to car tires, together with enthusiastic team members that handle complete revision, retrofit and modification projects for all Vanderlande customers?
Then apply now as an Electrical Engineer in our Warehousing Service Projects team!
After your onboarding, where you learned our Engineering way of working, your first project could be to support a Sales Engineer with a modification project to expand an existing system. Eg., fitting the additional equipment into an existing building and system is not always obvious. Besides that, the system is live so phasing and logistics are important. After the design, that you create in close cooperation with a Sales Engineer, is ordered by the customer, you set up the detailed engineering and specifications so that Vanderlande can start with the manufacturing of the system.
Within Service Operations your role is very diverse: you are able to set up an electrical drawing, do the electrical engineering, but there might also be cases that you go to site to investigate if the solution is feasible and fits in the existing space. In most projects you work with a team of multidisciplinary engineers and you are able to do the complete electrical engineering by yourself. You’re able to support multiple leads as well as projects in execution at the same time. And in live environments there can always be surprises: during on-site inspection, you find out that there’s no room to add all new hardware into the control cabinet. You change the drawings, arrange additional equipment and together with the team you will work to a solution to get everything installed on time.
Being a Vanderlande Electrical Project Engineer, you are passionate about creating such "impossible engineering" solutions.
As a Electrical Engineer, you will become part of our Service Operations department in Veghel. The Service Projects team consists of Project Managers, Sales Engineers and Engineers and supports all customers in Europe, and Australia. The team sells and execute around 60 projects per year. Your responsibilities are to:
- Complete the design from sketch to customer approval.
- Create the Bill of Material, and ensure that your Supply Chain colleagues can deliver on time and within customer specifications.
- Support the Sales Engineers, Project Managers and site installation teams with your knowledge (either remote or on site).
- Solve any issues that you encounter, either during engineering or installation/commissioning phase of the project.
- 5+ years of electrical engineering or field practice in industrial automation and familiar with modern network topologies such as Profinet, ASI-bus but also older topologies such as Profibus.
- Can read drawings of existing industrial automation systems (also when based on older standards).
- Good command of the English language is required, Dutch is preferred.
- Can put a conceptional electrical design in a detailed design, applicable for:
- Material handling system; system (field) and component (cabinet(s)) design.
- Safety distribution; system (field) and component (cabinet(s)) design.
- Power distribution design; system (field) and component (cabinet(s)) design.
- Can create specifications.
- Can create calculations for:
- Network design.
- Power distribution.
- Cables and short circuit current.
- Harmonic distortion and cos phi-correction.
- Can create drawings & layouts.
- Can work on brownfield projects.
- Able to create Performance Level (PL) or safety integrity level (SIL) calculations.
- Capable to participate in a HSRA session and provide input.
- Able to support site and contractors, first point of contact for questions and coordination.
- Familiar with the following norms and standards:
- machine directive 2006/42/EG.
- NEN-EN-IEC 60204-1 electrical equipment of machines.
- NEN-EN-IEC 61439-1 low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assemblies – Part 1:
- NEN-EN-IEC 61439-2 power switchgear and controlgear assemblies – Part 2:
- Able to work and communicate in a multidisciplinary project team.
- The position requires motivated, team playing and self-driven persons.
- You have a “every day better” mentality, to improve your own skills, internal processes and to support your electrical project engineer colleagues
- Capable of maintaining your own planning
- Willingness to travel internationally.
If the role of Electrical Project Engineer appeals to you, you’re ambitious and take your long-term career seriously, then please contact us to explore this global opportunity to join a company at the top of its game. For more information or to apply for this challenging position, please visit careers.vanderlande.com
For more information, please contact Ralph Jonker, Recruiter – +31 413 494 559