Warehouse Solutions Integration Team Leader
Vanderlande is the global market leader in baggage handling systems for airports, and sorting
systems for parcel and postal services. Working within the Integration team, the Integration
Manager will be responsible for leading the integration of more or less known system components with more or less known risks, independently drawing up integration plans and executing them once accepted. You will be responsible for leading small project teams and managing quality, progress, costs and information provision.
Other responsibilities include:
• Putting forward proposals for optimising the concept.
• Experienced sparring partner for engineering and project management.
• Implement new methodologies and tooling.
• Successfully complete less complex multi-disciplinary projects.
• Self-reliant in drawing up and realizing project plan: manages quality, time, costs
• (profit), provision of information and expectations.
This role would suit somebody who has the ability to achieve results through a logical,
systematic and perfectionist approach. Challenging assignments and the research of facts and
information within this specialist/technical area are also important to the role. The incumbent
should have the persistence to see a job through to conclusion and be happy to work either
alone or on the periphery of a team. The function calls for well-defined parameters, achieving
goals and solving problems, whilst at the same time maintaining quality and standards. If you
are authoritative, inquisitive, self-reliant, methodical, deliberate and precise in approach then
this role would suit you.
Accountabilities & Vanderlande Values
- Deliver integrated systems that conform to an agreed scope and acceptance of
- Develop and manage the integration strategy and planning.
- Develop and manage acceptance and validation criteria used within the project
- System concept guardian through implementation of change and configuration
Build Reputation with Customers
- Excellent communicator on all levels.
- Manage existing systems: change management, co-ordinating development and
- implementation teams with customer requirements and expectations.
- Customer liaison, developing and maintaining client relationships throughout the
- project life cycle.
- Deliver integrated systems conforming to agreed acceptance criteria and meeting
- client expectations.
Drive to Win
- Balance competing priorities, delivering within deadlines and under pressure.
- Delivering Integrated Systems within budget and on schedule.
- Strong leadership, but someone who is also a team player
- Fostering ‘one team mentality’ and remaining accountable for system delivery.
- Management and coaching of project teams to deliver ‘a first time right’
- Integrated solution.
- Integration planning linking key technical deliverables.
- Change control process management to ensure effective system improvements,
- reduced integration risk and increased profitability
Safe Base & We Care
- Management of technical and delivery risks.
- Support a safe working environment within the Integration Team through championing and encouragement of a safety-first culture
The successful candidate should have the following experience
- Engineering Degree level qualification, ideally in computer science and/or software Engineering.
- Is an expert in the relevant engineering processes
- Experienced in the integration of system changes into operations.
- Ability to train team members in new skills and competencies.
- Strong problem solving skills and decision making, whilst being pro-active in achieving positive results.
- Has advanced knowledge of integration strategies and processes
- Has advanced knowledge of industrial automation (LLC) and of business process automation (HLC)
- Has advanced knowledge of change- and configuration management and relevant tooling
- Has advanced knowledge of software development methods and relevant tooling