Assignment type: Internship
Assignment data: February 2022
Assignment duration: Six months
Location: Veghel and home office
Educational: HBO or WO
Desired study: Business economics, finance, econometrics or related studies
Language: Dutch or English
Description of the assignment
Investigate the possibility and impact of different intercompany costing/settlement methods.
Depending on the intern's background, skills, and interest, the assignment could be steered towards a more technical or business subject.
Strategic Costing and Verification department is part of the technology department. It provides the tooling, data and methods that enables sales engineers worldwide to reliably calculate the cost and profitability of new project proposals that can range from half a million to hundreds of millions.
The SC&V department is located centrally in the organization. Because of this, SC&V operations cross-functional with departments such as IT, finance, sales, and supply chain. These are also stakeholders for your assignment.
The student will work in the SC&V team, but is expected to have a lot of contact with other departments as well.
- Create an overview based on literature of different options
- Assess how these can work within Vanderlande
- Identify improvements to current way of working
- Determine impact of proposed options, simulate with historical data available from our data warehouse
- Bachelor or Master level of business economics, finance, econometrics or related studies
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to interview senior management/stakeholders
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent Dutch and English writing and verbal communication skills
Do you recognize yourself in this challenging profile? Are you looking for an internship in an organization that has been elected as “Best Employer” for years in a row? Please fill out the application form and upload your resume and cover letter. For more information, contact us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Stef Alferink (Campus Recruiter) by phone: +31 (0)413 – 75 50 87.